Women Riders Now (WRN) is the leading source for information about women and motorcycling. Below is a list of articles and other media coverage featuring WRN and/or its founder and editor, Genevieve Schmitt. Active links means the story is still accessible.
Genevieve Schmitt quoted in an article from the November 6, 2006, edition of BusinessWeek.
Click to view a larger version, or read the article online
- Harley-Davidson's Fastest Growing Market? Women, Marketplace.org, 06/03/14
- Can Harley-Davidson Finally Woo Women?, Businessweek.com, 06/02/14
- More Women Than Ever Are Discovering Riding, BornToRideLifestyle.com, 05/01/14
- More Women Find Freedom on Two Wheels, TheMalayMailOnline.com, 04/06/14
- Veteran Motorcycle Riders Share Hard-Earned Tips, Examiner.com, 08/20/2009
- Is Harley-Davidson Over the Hill?, MSN.com, 03/30/08
- Harley to Women: Hear Us Roar, MSN.com,09/11/07
- Poleras en dos Ruedas, Clarin.com (Argentina), 08/14/07
- Harley-Davidson Unveils 2 New Models, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 3/6/14
- Harley-Davidson Breaks Out the Breakout, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 3/8/13
- Harley Aims to Make Women Feel Welcome at Sturgis, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 8/7/12
- Niche Motorcycle Makers Rev Up Sales to Women, Los Angeles Times, 6/9/12
- Harley Dealers See Sales Uptick, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 3/14/12
- Harley Shares Make Some Noise, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 1/11/12
- Harley-Davidson Unveils 2012 Models, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 7/20/11
- Record Number of Motorcycle Mamas are Learning to Ride in Mid-Life, Originated in Detroit Free Press, 7/16/11
- Get Out and Ride (will open a PDF), Los Angeles Times, 6/1/11
- Flowers, Balloons and Harleys, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 11/29/09
- Big Hogs, Slim Cost, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 6/27/09
- Harley Devotes Month to Women, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 5/1/09
- '09 Rally Will Bring Bikers to City Harley Calls Home, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 4/29/09
- New Harley Czar is an Outsider, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 4/6/09
- Harley Wants to Train Folks for the Long Ride, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 1/13/09
- Women Driving Motorcycle Sales, Seattle Times, 9/14/07
- Motorcycle Companies Make a Mint Out of Biker Chic, The Sunday Times (Johannesburg, South Africa), 8/5/07
- Women Get Harley Dealers' Motors Runnin', Richmond Times-Dispatch, 7/29/07
- Not Just a Guy's Thing, The National Post (Canada), 7/27/07
- Harley Woos Female Bikers, The New York Times, 7/25/07
- Harley-Davidson Revs Up a More Feminine Message, The New York Times, 7/24/07
View a complete list of magazine articles that mention Women Riders Now or its founder on Genevieve Schmitt's personal Web site.
- Harley-Davidson's Fastest Growing Market? Women, Marketplace Money, National Public Radio, 06/03/14
- BBC World Service Radio: The World Today, a show heard around the globe, features an interview with WRN Founder Genevieve Schmitt about the rise of female riders, 7/25/07.
- The Satellite Sisters interview WRN Founder Genevieve Schmitt about women and motorcycling on this ABC Radio Networks syndicated show, 7/11/07. Also heard on XM Satellite Radio.
General Articles About Women & Motorcycling
General Articles About Women's Buying Power