Women Riders Now (WRN) is the leading source for information about women and motorcycling. Below is a list of articles and other media coverage featuring WRN and/or its founder and editor, Genevieve Schmitt. Active links means the story is still accessible, however links change and are being updated all the time so forgive us if a link, particularly an older one, is no longer accessible.
Genevieve Schmitt quoted in an article from the November 6, 2006, edition of BusinessWeek.
- Interview with Genevieve Schmitt, Founder, Women Riders Now, British-Customs.com, 5/30/16
- New Road Opening Up for Women Harley Riders, OnMilwaukee.com 5/21/15
- Why More Women are Riding Motorcycles, Fix.com, 2/6/15
- The Enduring Appeal of Adventure Bikes, Yahoo Celebrity, 9/30/14
- Can the New Indian Scout Take Down Harley-Davidson's Sportster?, Nasdaq.com 8/8/14
- Harley-Davidson's Fastest Growing Market? Women, Marketplace.org, 6/3/14
- Can Harley-Davidson Finally Woo Women?, Businessweek.com, 6/2/14
- More Women Than Ever Are Discovering Riding, BornToRideLifestyle.com, 5/1/14
- More Women Find Freedom on Two Wheels, TheMalayMailOnline.com, 4/6/14
- Veteran Motorcycle Riders Share Hard-Earned Tips, Examiner.com, 8/20/09
- Is Harley-Davidson Over the Hill?, MSN.com, 3/30/08
- Harley to Women: Hear Us Roar, MSN.com, 9/11/07
- Poleras en dos Ruedas, Clarin.com (Argentina), 8/14/07
- Warm Weather Extends Riding Season, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 11/9/16
- Daytona Makes New Push for Women Bikers at Bike Week, Daytona Beach News-Journal, 3/1/15
- Harley Courts Women and Young Riders, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 1/24/15
- New Three-Wheel Motorcycle Brings Batmobile to Mind, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 10/22/14
- Female Bikers Won't Be Left Behind at Biketoberfest, Daytona Beach News-Journal, 10/16/14
- Biketoberfest Marketing Efforts Grow to Reach Women Riders, Daytona Beach News-Journal, 10/12/14
- Harley-Davidson Unveils 2015 Motorcycles, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 8/27/14
- Harley-Davidson Unveils 2 New Models, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 3/6/14
- Harley-Davidson Breaks Out the Breakout, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 3/8/13
- Harley Aims to Make Women Feel Welcome at Sturgis, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 8/7/12
- Niche Motorcycle Makers Rev Up Sales to Women, Los Angeles Times, 6/9/12
- Harley Dealers See Sales Uptick, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 3/14/12
- Harley Shares Make Some Noise, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 1/11/12
- Harley-Davidson Unveils 2012 Models, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 7/20/11
- Record Number of Motorcycle Mamas are Learning to Ride in Mid-Life, Originated in Detroit Free Press, 7/16/11
- Get Out and Ride (will open a PDF), Los Angeles Times, 6/1/11
- Flowers, Balloons and Harleys, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 11/29/09
- Big Hogs, Slim Cost, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 6/27/09
- Harley Devotes Month to Women, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 5/1/09
- '09 Rally Will Bring Bikers to City Harley Calls Home, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 4/29/09
- New Harley Czar is an Outsider, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 4/6/09
- Harley Wants to Train Folks for the Long Ride, Milwaukee-Wisconsin Journal Sentinel, 1/13/09
- Women Driving Motorcycle Sales, Seattle Times, 9/14/07
- Motorcycle Companies Make a Mint Out of Biker Chic, The Sunday Times (Johannesburg, South Africa), 8/5/07
- Women Get Harley Dealers' Motors Runnin', Richmond Times-Dispatch, 7/29/07
- Not Just a Guy's Thing, The National Post (Canada), 7/27/07
- Harley Woos Female Bikers, The New York Times, 7/25/07
- Harley-Davidson Revs Up a More Feminine Message, The New York Times, 7/24/07
View a complete list of magazine articles that mention Women Riders Now or its founder on Genevieve Schmitt's personal Web site.
Radio and Podcasts
- Interview: Genevieve Schmitt on Women Riders Month, Above Idle Podcast, 5/8/16
- The Joys, Challenges of Traveling by Motorcycle, MPR (Minnesota Public Radio) 4/22/15
- Harley-Davidson's Fastest Growing Market? Women, Marketplace Money, National Public Radio, 6/03/14
- BBC World Service Radio: The World Today, a show heard around the globe, features an interview with WRN Founder Genevieve Schmitt about the rise of female riders, 7/25/07.
- The Satellite Sisters interview WRN Founder Genevieve Schmitt about women and motorcycling on this ABC Radio Networks syndicated show, 7/11/07. Also heard on XM Satellite Radio.
- Fox News Orlando, Women Riders Now touted as leading advertising source helping organizers of Bike Week attract women to rally, aired February 2015.
- Geraldo At Large, Fox News Channel, 8/11/07, Genevieve Schmitt interviewed by Geraldo at Sturgis Rally on rise of women and motorcycling.
General Articles About Women & Motorcycling
General Articles About Women's Buying Power