Many seasoned motorcycle riders have done or experienced some or all of these things. We thought it'd be fun to share the list we came up with so new riders can find some peace in knowing others have been there or are experiencing what they are right now.
1. You're going to drop your motorcycle at least once.
2. You're going to be nervous for awhile.
3. You're going to get frustrated.
4. You're going to hear "crash" stories from non-riders, whether you like it or not.
5. You're going to get advice on riding from others, whether you ask for it or not.
6. You're going to realize at some point that you're not wearing the gear that fits properly, like sunglasses that make your eyes water, gloves that are too bulky, pants that expose your back side, etc.
7. You're going to struggle with how to manage a new hair style called "helmet hair."
8. You're going to spill gasoline all over the tank at least once.
9. You're going to realize riding your own motorcycle
is cooler than you ever imagined.
10. You're going to find yourself smiling a lot more
, both on and off the motorcycle.Now, tell us in the comments below what you've experienced as a beginning rider that others can expect to happen.Related Articles10 Things I Wish I'd Known When I Was YoungerWomen Who Ride a Motorcycle are Happier than Those Who Don'tBeginner's Guide: Motorcycles To Get Started OnWhy People Ride a Motorcycle