DC to Los Angeles

Who are you? Where are you from? What do you ride? Share a little bit about yourself here.

DC to Los Angeles

Postby jatkowski » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:35 am

Good morning fellow riders! My name is bunnie jatkowski and I have been riding since 1980 when I decided I really didn't like walking foot-beats everyday for 8 hours. I was working for the DC Metropolitan Police Dept and noticed there were lots of motorcycles in the lot. I asked around and learned I could request motorcycle training and if lucky and female it would be a 2 week course. Well I was lucky and for once being female was a plus! Anyway left that department with my then husband and came to Los Angeles for the same job and hopefully bikes. Now retired and single my only mode of transportation is my divorce bike; 1985 (bought new in 86)Suzuki GS1150e. Have never thought of riding clubs before but now I guess I would like the friendships they can offer. I live in the Univ of Southern California area with my service dog and a lot of students. Think it would be very cool to know another woman rider as old as myself
jatkowski

Re: DC to Los Angeles

Postby BlueHD4me » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:04 am

Hey Bunnie! Welcome to the boards :D I'm a newbie (have just over a year under my wheels). I'm so ENVIOUS that you've been riding since 1980 ... and that you got PAID to do it! BTW, thank you for your services in law enforcement. I'm you're So Cal neighbor in the San Diego area, age 54. Let me know if you ever ride south ... or maybe we could meet in between?? Have you checked out the Chrome Divas in the LA area? I belong to the San Diego chapter ... an AMAZING group of women riders!
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby Kapooch » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:04 am

Hi, Bunnie! Welcome. I'm just outside of LA in Rowland Heights/Walnut area. I don't think I meet your age criteria (I'm 30) but I'm open to meeting up and riding together if you're interested :)
Kari
2014 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec
Kapooch

Postby dbsteffy » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:09 pm

Hi Bunnie, happy to have you here. And you're a Motor, there must be a book in your life about that, and I'll echo Leslie and thank you for your service. My husband rides a Harley Police edition, it's a big buggar and the pucks are conversation starters.
Hope you find some riding pals, maybe even a few from our Ladies.

Keep the miles safe.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby jatkowski » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:15 pm

BlueHD4me wrote:Hey Bunnie! Welcome to the boards :D I'm a newbie (have just over a year under my wheels). I'm so ENVIOUS that you've been riding since 1980 ... and that you got PAID to do it! BTW, thank you for your services in law enforcement. I'm you're So Cal neighbor in the San Diego area, age 54. Let me know if you ever ride south ... or maybe we could meet in between?? Have you checked out the Chrome Divas in the LA area? I belong to the San Diego chapter ... an AMAZING group of women riders!

So nice of you to respond and so terrible of me not to come to the site often enough and that goes for my riding as well. Seem to be able to have long lapses in riding, I guess cause there is no place I really need to be, my part time job is out of my house. I am trying to force myself out of the house, I don't guess anyone here has that problem
Anyway I came down to San Diego awhile back for a wedding and did a bit of sightseeing before heading north but my great bucket list item is the San Diego Zoo ever since I was a child seeing film of it on television. I am going to be more active and really hope to meet up with you very soon
jatkowski

Postby jatkowski » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:18 pm

Kapooch wrote:Hi, Bunnie! Welcome. I'm just outside of LA in Rowland Heights/Walnut area. I don't think I meet your age criteria (I'm 30) but I'm open to meeting up and riding together if you're interested :)

Thanks for responding. Hey age is just a number to aspire to right. I really hope to get to meet up with you since you are so close. I am in downtown Los Angeles.
jatkowski

Return to Introduce Yourself