Just bought my second Spyder!

Just bought my second Spyder!

Postby CarolynK » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:08 pm

This makes the 4th new bike I've had in less than 2 years!! Started with a new Harley Street in 2015, little too much for this old gal, went to a Suzuki and had a slight mishap, so hubby suggested I get one that wouldn't tip over (smart a$$). Bought a new left-over 2014 ST and fell in love!!! Loved it so much, I just sold it....and bought a Spyder RT Special Edition! I'll tell ya....it's heaven on earth! No stress, no handling worries, just plain old enjoying the ride! :D
CarolynK

Re: Just bought my second Spyder!

Postby tlc » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:03 pm

Awesome, awesome, awesome CarolynK! What color is your new ride? How many miles did you put on total for both Spyders combined?

Yes, hubby's can be smart a$$e$. I would say a Kraft Mac & Cheese diet would be in order for him~ that normally cures those SM issues for my hubby :lol:
tlc

Postby Myspirit » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:28 pm

Congratulations!
First bike 1998 Honda Rebel
Second bike 2009 Honda Shadow Spirit 750cc
Myspirit

Postby dbsteffy » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:59 am

Picture please, Carolyn, I want to see the smile I'm imagining.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby CarolynK » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:52 pm

My baby's solid black, just like the first one! I had less than a thousand miles on the first one, and only have about 100 on the new one, but hope to add a bunch more if it ever stops raining here in Ohio! Hubby just switched the headlights and fog lights to LED's, which, as far as I'm concerned, is a MUST on any kind of bike! Love to look at it, as it looks like some kind of UFO or alien insect coming at you.....LOVE IT!!!!! I still need to get some pics, and will definitely post them here!
CarolynK

Postby tlc » Mon May 01, 2017 4:28 pm

CarolynK wrote: Hubby just switched the headlights and fog lights to LED's, which, as far as I'm concerned,

Your LED comment reminded me that I have been wanting to add some to my bike. I just ordered tail/stop light replacements for my bike~ done and done!

Hope you get to rack up some serious miles this year :)
tlc

Postby dbsteffy » Wed May 03, 2017 7:09 pm

Carolyn, where are you in Ohio? If I have asked before, I forgot, I'm old.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby CarolynK » Thu May 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Spyder RTS.jpg
Hi there.....we're in Preble County, Ohio (about 50 miles north of Cincinnati) on SR 127, "dbsteffy". And I doubt very seriously if you're as old as I am!
Finally able to get out yesterday...had some errands to run, so hopped on the bikes! We were talking about LED headlights etc., and again, they're a must-have! I first noticed them a couple of years ago BB ("before bikes") when we were in our "4-wheeler". We were probably about a quarter mile away, and I told hubby to look at those lights! And that's what started it. Ever since, and through all the bikes I've had, I've had the LEDs, and naturally Doug installed them on his Harley, too.
Anyway, got a picture yesterday, but will probably add more at some point.
Everyone is so wonderful on this site...nice to meet fellow "bike worshipers". :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CarolynK

Postby dbsteffy » Sun May 14, 2017 4:11 pm

Carolyn, you're at the bottom of the state, I'm at the top. And age wise, I'm 10 months from Medicare and 22 months from retirement ;).
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Return to Can-Am Spyder