Doc Martens

Discussion on riding gear for women

Doc Martens

Postby Kitkat74 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:52 pm

Wondering if any of you have ever worn Doc Martens when you ride? I know I really need MC boots but for the time being, my Docs are on my feet when I ride. I'm very new to riding and need all the advice I can get.
2004 Sportster 1200R
Kitkat74

Re: Doc Martens

Postby yellowrose » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:49 am

Morning, Kitkat74

I wear my Docs every time I ride; in fact, that's all I've ever worn for riding. My husband, who has ridden for 40 years, wears his Docs when he rides.

You've definitely come to the right place for advice. The ladies on this forum are extremely generous with their knowledge and support. Welcome!
Kim
Native Daughter of the Who Dat Nation
2016 HD Superlow - "Piglet"
yellowrose

Postby BlueHD4me » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:43 am

Yep, Docs are my "riding" boots. I like that the soles are oil/grease resistant, plus mine have Koi fish embroidered on them!
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby BoggyGirl » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:44 pm

I've never worn docs. I have some Reebok military boots that are composite toe that I wear for work and riding. I hear varying degrees of support for MC specific boots. I think the most important thing is that they're sturdy, over the ankle boots and you feel comfortable operating the foot controls in them.
**Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the Devil says "oh no, she's up".**

"Filter/Sexy Beast" - 2015 Harley Davidson XL883N Iron, Sand Camo Denim
BoggyGirl

Postby stephps » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:03 am

I started riding by wearing my Docs, which feel very sturdy/secure on the sole and fit under any pants I have on, which I like about them. I also recently bought a pair of Timberlands that have an anti-fatigue sole and are also sturdy-feeling, and I like them as well. The difference for me between the two, since they both feel secure and comfortable, is that the Timbs have a rounder toe and when I wear them I adjust the shifter lever very slightly so there's a bit more space for my boot under it (otherwise it's not as easy/smooth to move my foot from resting on the peg to the spot I want it just before I shift). No problem there with the Docs.
stephps

Return to Riding Apparel