Boots~ Chippewa

Discussion on riding gear for women

Boots~ Chippewa

Postby tlc » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:32 pm

I blew out my Harley boots over the winter~ both boots!! We searched high and low on our trip for a replacement pair and all I could find is some work boots at a farm store which I bought. Me and the boots never bonded. They are ok and I will wear them but I don't really like the style.

I had been coveting some Chippewa Lady Loggers and I finally put a crowbar in my wallet (read; credit card :lol: ) and purchased them online yesterday. I've tried many boots since we've been back from our trip and have rejected them all. I'm pretty picky now about how well they are made and styling that I can live with.

For now, I'm riding with my trusty red cowboy boots. They are my favorite all time boot and I will be buried in them I'm sure. The traction is OK and they are pretty comfy but I would like a little more grip. Wish me luck that I can finally put this boot issue to bed :D
tlc

Re: Boots~ Chippewa

Postby dbsteffy » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:16 pm

Googled them, look very well made. I like the toe shape. Will they fit under the shifter peg? What color?
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby BlueHD4me » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:21 am

Let me know how you like them. I'm REALLY picky about boots too and ended up with a pair of Doc Martins (the anti oil/grease sole played a big part). I love the look of HD boots but they never seemed to feel right on my foot ... but I'll keep trying. Until then I'm wearing the Amylee Embroidered 8 Eye Boot (don't understand the name as they have Koi fish on them).
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby tlc » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:54 am

dbsteffy wrote:Will they fit under the shifter peg? What color?

Good question. I haven't figured out how I can try them without scuffing the toe of the boot. You know how it is when you return things, they need to be in as new condition and sale-able. The hubby has a pair similar to these but a different brand. He has a heel toe shifter and they work for him. Stay tuned :lol:

I'm going for the black pair. They are insulated so not sure how that will work during the Summer. Hubby says his feet don't get warm but Venus & Mars you know ;)
tlc

Postby lizmcg » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:35 pm

They should fit; the Sportster has pretty good clearance under the peg, if I remember correctly. And there are lots of Harley boots in that style. You could put a piece of leather or felt or something over the toe when you check. I like that style, too, as well as the classic biker boot style; nothing with a high heel. One of the things I like about the lace-up motorcycle boots is the zipper so you don't have to fiddle with all the lacing every time (can you say "lazy"?). Do these have something like that?

A few years ago on one of my eBay binges (which I don't do anymore, thank goodness) I decided to buy boots, so I searched for Harley boots in my size or the comparable men's size and found several interesting pairs, all for way under list price. Now I have a pair with orange and yellow flames on the toe and heel and three or four with different Willie G skull medallions and Harley cowboy boots. Also a couple of nice but nondescript women's Harley boots. I even picked up a pair of the expensive FXRG boots that are waterproof and really rugged for a fraction of the price, and they're new! I have them lined up on the shelf in my closet so I can admire them every day. :lol: so what do I wear to ride? The same pair of women's badass Harley boots (you know, the classic biker boot with the ring and three straps) that I bought when I first started. :roll: But at least I know I'll never have to buy another pair! :lol:
2012 Can Am Spyder RTS SE5 (Bellatrix)
lizmcg

Postby dbsteffy » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:38 am

I like the lace up/zipper style, too. Once I get the laces set and double tied, I can just zip/unzip when dressing.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby BlueHD4me » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:37 pm

lizmcg you are a woman after my own heart!! :lol: I'd love to see a photo of you collection ... pretty please!
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby lizmcg » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:40 pm

When I get a chance, I'll try to take some photos. Theresa may have to post them for me, though; I didn't have much luck with my earlier attempts. :oops:
2012 Can Am Spyder RTS SE5 (Bellatrix)
lizmcg

Postby BlueHD4me » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:55 am

lizmcg I'll send you a message with my "real world" email, you can send them there if it is easier :D
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby tlc » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:42 pm

lizmcg wrote:When I get a chance, I'll try to take some photos. Theresa may have to post them for me, though

Can do Liz, just let me know.

No zippers on these boots ladies~ you gotta lace'm up. These are work boots so zippers wouldn't stand up in the woods :o
Should see them tomorrow and I'll try wrapping the toe like you suggest Liz.
tlc

Next

Return to Riding Apparel