Drayco Drift Riding Jeans

Discussion on riding gear for women

Drayco Drift Riding Jeans

Postby ADVStrom14 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:25 pm

I have seen a couple threads about the different jeans that people are wearing or some that are interested in trying to find some. I ordered (and just got in today) the Drayco Drift Riding Jeans. I ordered a pair of the Bella Sliders and they seem to be good solid pants also. I did not like how they look on though as I prefer a boot cut jean because I have a little hip action going on up top so it helps to balance that out. :lol: I saw the Drayco's on Revzilla and I watched the YouTube video of them dragging a guy 90 feet on the blacktop at 80 mph wearing these jeans and they never abraded much less wore through. These are considered "low rise" but I would call them more mid-rise. I like them so far. They are solid and the kevlar lining is in all the right places but they still stretch and move with you. You have to wear a belt though to keep the back from gapping but, thanks to some education from another thread, I looked into Bohn body armor and just got my armored pants in today too. So with the high rise of the Bohn pants, I'm not as worried about the low rise of the pants. The jeans do not have pockets for additional body armor but again, I have the Bohn pants so I'm not worried about that. I ordered my regular pant size and they fit like a slightly relaxed fit jean and look nice. If you want a more fitted look, you can probably go a size down and it would work. There is room in the waste and the pants stretch some too. You can visit the link below to Revzilla to see the pants. I have not seen them cheaper anywhere else and if you do see them cheaper, Revzilla has a prince match guarantee. If you like a more fitted boot cut pant, Drayco is another option.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/drayko-womens-drift-riding-jeans
Jes
2014 Suzuki V-Strom DL-1000

"Dress for the slide, not the ride!"

~Phil 4:13~
ADVStrom14

Re: Drayco Drift Riding Jeans

Postby lizmcg » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:11 pm

I love the Bohn body armor (https://www.bohn-armor-pants.com/catalog/) and the freedom it gives you to wear any pants or jacket you like without having to worry about how good its built-in armor is (if it has any). Between that and the kevlar, I feel as protected as I can get without a full racing suit or something similar. If you ever want to just buy an extra shell without the armor pads, or pads without the shell, there's a separate website for that (http://www.actionstation.com/catalog/bo ... -armor.php). I lost a lot of weight, so I had to order much smaller pants shells, and now the armor stays where it belongs. :lol: There are sure a lot more choices available in kevlar pants than when I was first looking five years ago!
2012 Can Am Spyder RTS SE5 (Bellatrix)
lizmcg

Postby BlueHD4me » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:14 am

Jes can you have someone take a photo of you with the Drayco Drifts on? I've got some hip action going on too :lol: and I'm curious to see how they fit on a real person. I have a couple pairs of the Bella Sliders (the sizing is CRAZY!! :o ) but I'm always looking for a more stylish option. I like the Bellas but the rise is just a little bit too high.
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby ADVStrom14 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:16 am

OOO! Thanks for sharing that link Liz! I was actually wondering yesterday if I could get a shell that did not have all the armor in it in case there was something that I didn't want to wear one day. Because, unless I missed it, there is no way to take the knee, hip, and tailbone pads out.

Leslie, I will take some pics this afternoon when I get home from work. I know what you mean about sizing, it's a pain to try to figure out what I am. I liked the Bellas but with the tapered leg, it just overemphasized my hips. I don't know how tall you are but those Bellas were also too short for me. They did not have my size in the longs but the regulars (which is what I am normally) too short just standing straight up. I knew it would be way too short on the bike! Stay tuned for pics!!!
Jes

ADVStrom14

Re: Bohn armor

Postby lizmcg » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:49 am

ADVStrom14 wrote:there is no way to take the knee, hip, and tailbone pads out.

ADV: All the armor in the Bohn system is removable (don't wash it with the armor in) and can be worn or left off as you wish. Also, you can have more than one shell and just move the armor from one to the other or replace only the shell, etc. In my case, I got new shells and reused the perfectly good armor when I lost weight. There's an opening in each pocket for the armor; just search around. There should be a chart of how the armor fits that came along with your new pants/shirt, too, but if not, just be careful to note where each piece goes and which end is up and so on; that's the tricky part! I lay the shells next to each other and move the pieces one at a time, because I'm so senile. :roll: Enjoy.
2012 Can Am Spyder RTS SE5 (Bellatrix)
lizmcg

Postby BlueHD4me » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:30 am

Hey Jes,

I'll check back for pics or you can message them to me if you prefer. As far as the Bellas, the sizing is whack-a-do! I'm 5'8" and bought the blue ones in 6L and had to take them hem down and the waist in - should have exchanged them for a 4L. In the black a 2L (what the heck!?!) fit like a dream. In the "real world" I wear a 6-8L so I'm not sure how/where Bella is getting their sizing. Makes me VERY leery to order more expensive riding jeans/leggings unless the return policy is very forgiving.
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby ADVStrom14 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:12 pm

Leslie, I sent you the pictures. I can send them to anyone if you want to use them as reference.
Last edited by ADVStrom14 on Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jes

ADVStrom14

Postby BlueHD4me » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:01 pm

Jes you are a DOLL for posting these. Just from the pics I can tell they won't fit me :( I know I won't be able to fit my thighs/butt into them without the waist being HUGE! At least you saved me the pain of a purchase/return ... so thank you! :D

BTW, they look GREAT on you!!!!!
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby ADVStrom14 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:13 am

Glad to help!
Jes

ADVStrom14