Draggin Jeans

Discussion on riding gear for women

Draggin Jeans

Postby covertune » Sat May 14, 2016 6:19 pm

After reading the review on this site I decided to try the Draggin Skins jeans. I was so excited to get them... and I'm so disappointed. The fit is so-so.. it's a somewhat relaxed fit through my hips and thighs and then a little baggy from the knee down (due to the bootcut), but there's a ton of excess material across the front of my hips when I sit down (makes me think; oversized mom jeans) and when I'm on the bike there's massive gapping at the back. There are no pockets for the hip protectors I ordered, and the knee armour seems like it sits too high, especially when I'm on the bike.

For $300+, I really wanted to love these.
~Stacey~

2002 Yamaha V Star 650
covertune

Re: Draggin Jeans

Postby monica » Sat May 14, 2016 8:48 pm

Thanks for the review. Personally, I have *never* been able to get pants mail-order. Only what I can try on, or return easily.
monica

Postby dbsteffy » Sun May 15, 2016 3:16 am

Stacey, would the next smaller size be a better fit for you? Are you able to return them for a mostly full refund? That's a lot of money for pants you don't love. I've been looking at kevlar riding jean for a while now but haven't pulled the trigger because they are pricey, even if they come in my plus size. But like Monica said, I really would want to try them on before buying, but there are no local retailers for any of the major brands.

I'm now looking at kevlar leggings by GoGo Gear, I saw them on facebook, look promising. Not that I'm built for leggings, I'm hoping the fit more like a skinny jean.
Here's their link, hope it works. If not, you could always google them.
http://www.gogogearla.com/kevlar-leggings/

Brenda
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby lizmcg » Sun May 15, 2016 9:07 am

Check out the recent review of Sliders Bella kevlar-lined jeans on this site. I, too, bought a pair of Draggin Jeans 3 or 4 years ago. I was happy with them, and the armor wasn't an issue because I use Bohn body armor, which works under anything. Then I lost a LOT of weight, and the jeans were just sizes too big, so I tried the Bella jeans, and again, I'm quite pleased. In fact, I ordered a second pair. They're only $89 with free shipping. You can follow the link in the review to Competition Accessories (I think their URL is http://www.compacc. com). The quality is quite good. The fit is a little relaxed for riding, which is good for the armor underneath, but they're not old-lady looking (although I'm an old lady :lol: ), Returns are also reportedly easy, although I haven't had to do that. I can't vouch for the protection, and I hope I never need to test it, but kevlar is kevlar. You can order a size smaller than usual if you want a tighter fit, and if you call, you can discuss it with them. Worth a try.
2012 Can Am Spyder RTS SE5 (Bellatrix)
lizmcg

Postby covertune » Sun May 15, 2016 3:22 pm

I think if I went down a size they wouldn't fit my butt and thighs. I am going to return them, but I'm losing a good chunk of money on all the shipping and import costs, ugh.

I'll have a look at the Sliders, but unfortunately $89 for you is more like $120 for me and no free shipping, so it's not quite the same sweet deal lol.

Thinking of trying the Joe Rocket jeans. Man I wish I could try stuff on first but I'd be looking at a pretty serious drive to get to any bike store and then I doubt there would be much selection for women's gear.
~Stacey~

2002 Yamaha V Star 650
covertune

Postby ADVStrom14 » Sun May 15, 2016 4:33 pm

Liz, did you order your correct size in the Bella's? Some of the reviews say they run big and then others say they are true to size. I have been looking for a pair of kevlar jeans and would love to try these out. Thanks for the information!
Jes
2014 Suzuki V-Strom DL-1000

"Dress for the slide, not the ride!"

~Phil 4:13~
ADVStrom14

Postby lizmcg » Sun May 15, 2016 5:22 pm

ADV: I ended up ordering a size smaller, and there's still plenty of room, but the waist is right. I mostly wear size 6 jeans but can occasionally wear 4s, and I ordered 4 long. Since I wear Bohn body armor underneath, the slightly relaxed fit is a good thing, and they don't look baggy or anything, just not skinny. You can try calling your order in and talk to the salesperson, but I'd go for a size smaller by number. I hope you like them! After spending over $200 for the Draggin Jeans, shipped from Australia, no less, 4 years ago, I was thrilled to only pay $89. :D
2012 Can Am Spyder RTS SE5 (Bellatrix)
lizmcg

Postby tlc » Mon May 16, 2016 11:00 am

covertune wrote:I think if I went down a size they wouldn't fit my butt and thighs. I am going to return them, but I'm losing a good chunk of money on all the shipping and import costs, ugh.

I know nothing of these jeans so don't beat me for asking. :D
Can they be altered to fit?
Like I said, I don't know what they are made of or if a person can alter them themselves or maybe just too many alterations to make them worth the effort~ just throwing it out there.
tlc

Postby stephps » Wed May 18, 2016 1:18 pm

dbsteffy wrote:I'm now looking at kevlar leggings by GoGo Gear, I saw them on facebook, look promising. Not that I'm built for leggings, I'm hoping the fit more like a skinny jean.
Here's their link, hope it works. If not, you could always google them.
http://www.gogogearla.com/kevlar-leggings/

Brenda

I ordered a pair of GoGo Gear's kevlar leggings a few weeks ago and got an email that they're currently out of stock and hoping to have more by mid-month or end of May. So FYI for anyone who's looking -- their website doesn't tell you that they don't have any leggings right now. I'm waiting to hear they have more and have shipped mine...
stephps

Postby dbsteffy » Wed May 18, 2016 7:13 pm

Steph, I'd really like your opinion of the leggings when you do get them.

Brenda
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Next

Return to Riding Apparel