Joe Rocket Jeans?

Discussion on riding gear for women

Joe Rocket Jeans?

Postby covertune » Tue May 03, 2016 11:16 am

Just wondering if anyone has owned or even tried on the Joe Rocket Roxie jeans.. I'm debating between them and Draggin's. The Joe Rocket's are a bit cheaper and I like the look of them, but can't find a single review online to really tell me anything about them.
~Stacey~

2002 Yamaha V Star 650
covertune

Re: Joe Rocket Jeans?

Postby BlueHD4me » Mon May 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Sorry, no. But I looked at them online and they are super cool! I bought Sliders Bella jeans (for women) from Competition Accessories online. Not nearly as stylish but much cheaper at $90. They run HUGE! :o I normally wear about an 8 long and one pair is a 6 long (should have bought a 4) and the other is a 2 long. I did put a review on the site, they are also reviewed on WRN. If you do buy them, get several sizes and just return what doesn't fit. Good luck! :D
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby covertune » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:02 am

So after my fail with the Draggin's, I did go ahead and order the Joe Rockets.

The style is great, the knee armour is nice and adjustable and sits in the right place, the fit through the leg is perfect and the stretch panel above the knees keeps the knee armour in the right position when I bend my legs... but... the waist is a terrible fit, and I think its all due to the big stretch panel across the back. The jeans look fine "on the hanger", but once they're on, the back of the jeans are lower than the front (not good on an already low-rise jean), and the actual waistband is loose. It's very strange.

However, I still like them enough that I've taken them to be altered. It sounds like the girls plan to just completely remove that big elastic panel in the back and replace it with regular denim, as well as take the waist band in a little. Can't wait to get them back.
~Stacey~

2002 Yamaha V Star 650
covertune

Postby tlc » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:51 pm

covertune wrote:However, I still like them enough that I've taken them to be altered. It sounds like the girls plan to just completely remove that big elastic panel in the back and replace it with regular denim, as well as take the waist band in a little.

I think that is a smart move and the same alteration I would have done if they were mine. A good seamstress can hide most of the seams when taking in the waist as long as they aren't taking in a ton.
I hope they fit you better once you get them back :)

One more thing, if these have some kind of warranty then I assume that the alterations will void that?
tlc

Postby cipherbif » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:53 pm

I bought the bells and they are fine, but the fit is terrible. I'm constantly having to pull them up. There is a new company here in Richmond that is selling riding jeans with armor. I got the chance to try them on and omg they were amazing. The difference in the comfort level wasnt even a competition. They are quite a bit more expensive but I am saving up. They are so much better, almost felt like your favorite pair of Levi's, already broken in. Their website is www.worsewear.com.
Crista
2007 Harley Dyna Low Rider
cipherbif

Postby dbsteffy » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:45 am

Crista, I've been aware of Worse for Wear jeans for a while and even sent in my measurements months ago when they did a survey, they are pricy for my budget, I'm thinking long and hard before I give up my cash and appreciate your comments, I'd really want to try them on first. I've also been looking at the GoGo Gear Kevlar leggings.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Return to Riding Apparel