In Lieu of a Purse?

Discussion on riding gear for women

Re: In Lieu of a Purse?

Postby DarkAngel » Fri May 01, 2015 3:43 pm

tlc wrote:
DarkAngel wrote:This bag doubles as a purse, hip bag or back pack and has a special pocket for your "heater" lol.

That looks bad a$$ slung low like that. Sort of like a gunslinger ** Thumbs up **

Thanks TLC. I think so too. :mrgreen:

KOfromCO wrote:DarkAngel: Do you wear it while you ride? If so, does it tend to scratch the tank?

KO it fits snug on my thigh and stays in place. It doesn't come near my tank but I ride a cruiser. With a .380 in I can barely tell it's there and you can't tell by just looking at it. I was worried it might open up with the weight but no problems so far. It has several adjustments to make it fit. :D
Ride Safe
~~~~Not all who wander are lost~~~~
DarkAngel

Postby KOfromCO » Fri May 01, 2015 5:58 pm

DarkAngel: Thanks for the info. I ride a cruiser too, but may have to get a smaller handgun. I have 3 different 9mm Glocks. They are fun to shoot, but even the "baby" Glock is a bit large. Since the Glocks don't have a safety on them, I'm pretty careful when I do carry. I have a purse my brother got me that has a built in holster in a zippered section that that is just for the gun.
Current: '17 HD Street Glide Special (crushed ice pearl)
Prior:
'13 HD Softail Deluxe (3/13 - 9/17) (red)
'11 Honda Shadow Arrow 750 (6/12 - 3/13) (red)
'11 V-Star 250
(3/12 - 6/12) (black)
KOfromCO

Postby dbsteffy » Fri May 01, 2015 6:51 pm

DarkAngel, that is a very cool rig. Sexy! But I don't have the shape for it.

Brenda
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby DarkAngel » Fri May 01, 2015 9:08 pm

dbsteffy wrote:DarkAngel, that is a very cool rig. Sexy! But I don't have the shape for it.

Brenda

Hey Brenda how are you? Thanks. That pic is from the ad. I'm a big girl 5'7 200lbs and it fits and doesn't look too bad. It fit snug on my thigh but that keeps it from moving while I'm riding. I wear it as a. Purse over my shoulder as well. You could wear it without the bottom strap but that strap keeps it from moving around while riding.
Ride Safe
~~~~Not all who wander are lost~~~~
DarkAngel

Postby lizmcg » Tue May 24, 2016 5:40 pm

I was going to start a new topic on this, but I thought I'd just resurrect the original topic instead. I read the original post by Dark Angel on the Speed and Strength thigh purse (see the first page for a photo) and fell in love. I went to the S&S website (http://www.ssgear.com/usa_english/speed ... r-bag.html) and was amazed to find they don't sell their products on line; you have to find a dealer who stocks them. I found that the dealer where I bought my Spyder was an S&S dealer, so I called them, and, although they didn't have any in stock, they ordered one for me from another dealer in PA! Nice, that, and unexpected. :shock: Anyway, if you decide you want one, you'll have to look for an online dealer or find someone local, like I did (there are links at the S&S site), but it's worth it. The purse is great! I haven't used it to "pack heat" yet, but it's nice to know I can when I take longer trips :twisted: . Meanwhile, the other two pockets are big enough for everything I need, it's very comfortable, and everything is easily accessible. It also looks downright wicked! If you like the look and need the convenience, check it out.
2012 Can Am Spyder RTS SE5 (Bellatrix)
lizmcg

Postby BlueHD4me » Wed May 25, 2016 6:59 am

BoggyGirl wrote:I'm currently without bike but I still use my sling bag as my purse anyway just because it's so handy.

Boggy Girl what happened??? :o

To answer the purse questions (sorry, got off topic with Boggy Girl's loss of bike) I either use the inner pockets of my jacket for my phone, money, credit cards, lipstick and keys or I have a small "hip bag" that clips to my belt loops that I put the same stuff in.

My registration, insurance card, helmet lock and tissues are kept in a small tool bag that I've modified to attach to the swing arm.
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby BoggyGirl » Wed May 25, 2016 4:40 pm

I think I posted that last year before I bought mine Blue lol :lol:. I still very much have my little sexy beast in the driveway!
**Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the Devil says "oh no, she's up".**

"Filter/Sexy Beast" - 2015 Harley Davidson XL883N Iron, Sand Camo Denim
BoggyGirl

Postby BlueHD4me » Thu May 26, 2016 7:39 am

Ok Boggy Girl, I can breathe a sigh of relief (guess I should have looked at the date of your previous post).

One more thing to add about purses ... I keep a string-type backpack (the kind that looks like a square and has cords to tighten that become the straps???) in my trusty tool bag. That way if I'm out and about and need to carry something (library books, new Tshirt, a couple of grocery items, etc) I can. It isn't the most comfortable backpack but I don't feel the "strings" through my leather jacket.
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby Goldenbadger » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:46 pm

I'm not really a purse gal and my bike does not have bags. I carry all of my stuff in a backpack. Cash/debit cards, etc. go in a little wallet that fits in my pocket.
Leanne
HD Softail Slim
Goldenbadger

Postby DeputySprinkles » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:30 am

I use a "rider purse" from vendorgirl.com. I love it. It hooks onto your belt loops, is leather, and has plenty of pockets. Mine is made to fit my iPhone 6. They are a bunch of different options & sizes.
DeputySprinkles

PreviousNext

Return to Riding Apparel