In Lieu of a Purse?

Discussion on riding gear for women

In Lieu of a Purse?

Postby DianneB » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:55 pm

What do you carry your 'stuff' in when you are riding?

I have been hauling a purse around for so many years but it is a P.I.T.A. when riding - need to slim down to something more manageable!
DianneB

Re: In Lieu of a Purse?

Postby dbsteffy » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:12 pm

I carry a small wallet/purse combo from Vera Bradley, it's a crossbody like all my purses. It fits cash, coins, cards, cheaters, lip gloss, phone and more. I tuck it in the sissy bar pouch.
I buy all my handbags on EBay, never pay full price, I'll even go with gently used if the pattern is one I want.
This is similar to what I use -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-WITH-TAGS-V ... 234f970a25

There are the leather pouches that clip on a belt but I don't wear a belt. I personally don't care for a fanny or waist packs.
Or, if you want to travel really light, just put a few bucks and a credit card in your bra. You don't have to worry about leaving it someplace. (unless you want to ;) )

Brenda
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby Ametha Elf » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:23 pm

I have a cloth bag which everything I think I may need is packed into. Then that goes into my saddlebags. Always carry my purse and phone at the very least.
Sue
1995 Yamaha Virago 1100cc
Ametha Elf

Postby BoggyGirl » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:41 am

I'm a big fan of sling bags or teardrop style bags. They're slightly larger than a purse and hold more. I'm currently without bike but I still use my sling bag as my purse anyway just because it's so handy. I can fit my iPad, my wallet, a bag of essentials like Tylenol, Chapstick, etc and a small rain jacket on those days where the weather may turn. It's not bulky like a backpack and a little more functional than a purse. Also, you can waterproof it and if you happen to end up in the rain, you don't have to worry about the contents being soaked. Just make sure you by the kind with a waist stabilizer strap...don't want it flapping around while you're booking it down the road!
**Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the Devil says "oh no, she's up".**

"Filter/Sexy Beast" - 2015 Harley Davidson XL883N Iron, Sand Camo Denim
BoggyGirl

Postby tlc » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:45 am

I ride with a small "purse" that is about 4 inches tall and 3 inches wide with two zippered compartments ( a gift from a friend as a "riding present"). It is meant to go around your neck and hang there like a necklace but I keep mine in my inside zipped pocket of bike jacket. I keep my license, health insurance card, bike insurance card, bike registration, a couple of family pics, 1 credit card and 2 gas credit cards and some cash. Once all filled up it only sticks out about 1/4 to 1/2 inch so it's pretty flat.

I also keep my cell phone in the jacket along with my "heater". Everything important that I may need quickly is carried on person ~ always. I'm not a fan of fanny packs or carrying a purse~ too much hassle for me.
tlc

Postby KOfromCO » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:41 am

I got a small leather "purse". It has the hooks on the ends so that it can be attached to belt loops, but I don't ride with it on me. I put it in a saddlebag. It also has a long strap so it can go over one shoulder and under the arm of the other shoulder (across the body). It has a snap compartment on the outside, a zippered compartment on the other side, no dividers inside, and a small zippered compartment inside. It holds a small wallet, small brush, phone, gum, house/car keys, 2nd set of keys for hubby's bike, sun glass case.
Current: '17 HD Street Glide Special (crushed ice pearl)
Prior:
'13 HD Softail Deluxe (3/13 - 9/17) (red)
'11 Honda Shadow Arrow 750 (6/12 - 3/13) (red)
'11 V-Star 250
(3/12 - 6/12) (black)
KOfromCO

Postby DarkAngel » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:08 pm

This bag doubles as a purse, hip bag or back pack and has a special pocket for your "heater" lol. It's made by Speed and Strength Society leather hip bag. I love mine. I have room for my wallet, Chapstick, camera, phone and more plus my "heater". :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ride Safe
~~~~Not all who wander are lost~~~~
DarkAngel

Postby deeg » Fri May 01, 2015 6:32 am

I have an Aerostich Letter bag that I use as a purse.

http://www.aerostich.com/bags/shoulder- ... r-bag.html

Mines pink.

If I have more junk to carry, I grab the larger sized Courier bag, also in pink.
deeg

Postby KOfromCO » Fri May 01, 2015 11:24 am

DarkAngel: Do you wear it while you ride? If so, does it tend to scratch the tank?
Current: '17 HD Street Glide Special (crushed ice pearl)
Prior:
'13 HD Softail Deluxe (3/13 - 9/17) (red)
'11 Honda Shadow Arrow 750 (6/12 - 3/13) (red)
'11 V-Star 250
(3/12 - 6/12) (black)
KOfromCO

Postby tlc » Fri May 01, 2015 11:28 am

DarkAngel wrote:This bag doubles as a purse, hip bag or back pack and has a special pocket for your "heater" lol.

That looks bad a$$ slung low like that. Sort of like a gunslinger ** Thumbs up **
tlc

Next

Return to Riding Apparel