Communication Systems

Discussion on what P&A for your motorcycle.

Communication Systems

Postby edob04 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:39 pm

Does anyone use or know of a decent inexpensive communication system for long trips and where to buy? Thought it would be a little easier for a long group trip. Do you use a communication system for your trips, how do you utilize them?
edob04

Re: Communication Systems

Postby EditorGenevieve » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi,
I reviewed the Cardo scala rider communications system that you can read here: http://www.womenridersnow.com/pages/PRODUCT_REVIEW_Scala_Rider_G4_PowerSet_Headset_Intercom_System.aspx.

It is a high end system, but Cardo makes some less expensive models that may meet your needs. My review will give you an idea of the quality of the equipment they make.
Genevieve Schmitt
Editor, Women Riders Now
EditorGenevieve

Postby dillo » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:54 pm

Hi,

I love my Scala G4. The bluetooth feature is great and I love listening to music especially on long highway rides. I listen to my Ipod and if my phone rings it automatically interrupts the music so I can answer the phone, most people say that they can't tell I am on the bike. As soon as the call ends it switches back to the Ipod. My phones navigation system (i have an android) provides audio directions through the headset and since I am directionally challenged that is awesome for me. I have several friends who have the G4 and the intercom system works well too. Not inexpensive but it is high quality and worth the money.

Happy Shopping!
Teresa
Teresa
dillo

Postby Kathy183 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:05 am

Hi, I've purchased the U-Clear HBC 100 http://www.uclear-digital.com/HBC100moto.html. It was developed by the military and is boomless. It is a full blown communicator, but I will mainly use it to listen to tunes and my GPS. I'll report back once I've had a chance to try it out!
Kathy
2010 Honda NT700V
2007 HD VRSCD Night Rod
2006 Suzuki GSXR 600
Kathy183

Return to Parts & Accessories