hello...o...o..oo..oo..

The "off topic" area; no politics or religion please.

hello...o...o..oo..oo..

Postby deeg » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:54 pm

Where is everyone? Someone still has to be riding....

Too much work and too cold of temps for me right now. Its been trying to snow for a few days. Temps in the mid 30's. I've ridden in colder temps, but maybe I've just gotten old and I prefer the warmth of the car and a HydroFlask of hot coffee at 0630 in the morning. And the fact that I'm always running late... hahaha

All the bikes are parked neatly in the shop now ('shop' is the 40x60 pole barn that is technically a garage). Fuel tanks filled with non alcohol fuel and Stabil added, Battery Tenders hooked up, old sheets or proper motorcycles covers on all of them. Hives have been moved next to the house. They are all wrapped with plenty of honey and 'winter feed' for the bees to keep them going until spring. Kubota plow is topped off and ready to go, snow thrower is fueled and ready as well.

Roadcrafter has been washed and waterproofed and put up for the winter. Combat Lite boots are cleaned and polished and looking good. Helmet liner has been washed and reinstalled and helmet has been cleaned and put in its cover. Snow tires are on the car and the windscreen washer tank is filled with heavy duty, freeze proof fluid. Collapsible shovel, heavy duty gloves, windscreen blanket, brush and deicer are in the basket in the back of the car.

The house and property haven't been touched by the sun in three weeks (and won't be until late February). Rain and fog with occasionally sunny days. It is decidedly depressing. I spend a lot of time in the kitchen standing under the full spectrum lights telling myself it'll be spring soon. There are times when I sure do miss living in Southern California. haha

But.....

Old riding gear and helmets are packed up, Ortlieb dry bag is filled with shorts, t-shirts and sandals. Plane tickets, passport, AAA Int'l Drivers License and Cambodian visas are in hand. 4 more work days, then I'm on vacation until February. I cannot wait. Wednesday evening cannot get here fast enough.

This time next week I'll be on a plane heading to the other side of the planet. Two months of warm sunny days and miles and miles of kick butt roads to ride on. Cheap beer and tasty food await. Staying the same towns as last time, but vastly different itineraries. And no train or bus rides once we get there. Ain't nobody got time for that! Decided to pony up a few more bucks and fly between destinations. An 11 hour train ride has been reduced to a 90 minute plane ride. I wonder if my TSA PreCheck works out here???? :lol:

I never did finish my last trips ride report...hell, I never even got to the ride part. Maybe this time I will do better.
deeg

Re: hello...o...o..oo..oo..

Postby dbsteffy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:07 am

Hey deeg, it is pretty quiet.

Mine has bee put away since a week or so before Halloween. Will bring it home in March or April. Trying to post a pic of the last ride fir the season, it's not working.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby KOfromCO » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:19 am

We have had unusually warm temps so we have been able to ride most weekends. I got a new bike (September 30, Street Glide in Crushed Ice Pearl) so I was wanting to be sure I got the engine broke in and the 1,000 mile service done to change to synthetic oil before winter really sets in. I accomplished the four days after Thanksgiving.
Current: '17 HD Street Glide Special (crushed ice pearl)
Prior:
'13 HD Softail Deluxe (3/13 - 9/17) (red)
'11 Honda Shadow Arrow 750 (6/12 - 3/13) (red)
'11 V-Star 250
(3/12 - 6/12) (black)
KOfromCO

Postby dbsteffy » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:21 pm

I googled it, purdy.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Return to The Soap Box