When winter lasts 6 months!

A place to reach out to others

When winter lasts 6 months!

Postby Brunette » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:11 am

Hi Ladies!

I'm currently sitting in Eastern Canada under a snowbank, anxiously waiting for riding season.....(well it's not quite that dire as most of the snow is gone now....but we are still getting flurries and sub zero temperatures pretty regularly).

I've got about another month or so to wait before I can actually get back out on the road. I'm just wondering what some of you Ladies who also live in colder climates do during the winter months to tide yourselves over until you can get back on your bikes and ride? I suppose some of you may actually live in places where some of the extremely hot summer months might also keep you off your bikes, and most of us have probably also experienced mechanical problems, or "between motorcycles" periods where we couldn't ride for awhile.

I have a copy of Proficient Motorcycling by David Hough that I scour during the off season, and of course I do all bike maintenance and modifications during this time. I also shop, and dream about new riding gear ;).

I'm curious how the rest of you survive non riding season?

K
Brunette

Re: When winter lasts 6 months!

Postby Myspirit » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:08 pm

i read Women Riders Now. :D
First bike 1998 Honda Rebel
Second bike 2009 Honda Shadow Spirit 750cc
Myspirit

Re: When winter lasts 6 months!

Postby Brunette » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:41 am

Haha, Yes! I forgot to mention that part! I scour back through old articles and forums all winter. This is certainly a unique place for women to discuss riding. No other place quite like it ;)
Brunette

Return to Connect With Others