Who We Are, What We Ride

A place to reach out to others

Who We Are, What We Ride

Postby dbsteffy » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:56 am

Hey Ladies, here's a place to post a picture or 2 or more, of ourselves and our bikes. We'll have faces to put to the names of our friends.

2016-3-12 025_smm.jpg

The winter was so mild, I brought my bike home early on March 12, 2016. I was happy. Then it rained for 2 weeks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Re: Who We Are, What We Ride

Postby BlueHD4me » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:35 am

Finally!! I get to see your BEAUTIFUL face!! :D You know I love your posts ... you've been such an inspiration to me.
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby tlc » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:38 pm

Lookin' good girl! Love the purple bike~ just love it. Who scrubs those whitewalls though ;)

Great thread too...
tlc

Postby dbsteffy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:47 am

Thank you Leslie, you are very kind to say that. I'm just an old woman who found a new passion that I want every other female to experience, too.

Theresa, I only clean the whitewalls 2 - 3 times a season, it's a motorcycle, I don't get OCD about polishing and waxing it. As to the color, purple was never at the top of my list, but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on the bike, it was pampered. It's called "Violet Pearl" and has grown on me. :lol:
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby BlueHD4me » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:37 am

Brenda you can't see my gray hair under my helmet! lol! I refuse to say I'm "old" because isn't old ALWAYS ten years older than we are? :lol:

My beloved BOMBA is blue, and like you not a color I would have chosen but it was a screaming deal. Completely stock, only 2 years old with 2K miles. I've been upgrading as time and money allow, including a stage 1 last year. It is pretty funny when I start her up and guys who dismissed me as "an old woman on a little bike" take a 2nd look. Last weekend on a group ride an older gentleman (and he WAS older than me so I can say that) came up to me and asked me bunch of questions about her.

I am so lucky that my husband LOVES to wash cars/motorcycles. To him it is relaxing to clean and wax the vehicles. If only I could get him to feel that way about the house!
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby DeputySprinkles » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:25 am

Haha! My husband can spend all day outside with his Jeep. I got him special black wax for Christmas for it. I'm lucky no chrome on my girl, so not much to clean. I just feel awful she's in the garage freezing.

One of these days I want to get some purple & pink striping on my bike. I love those colors!
DeputySprinkles

Postby tlc » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:43 am

I took a time out from our kitchen overhaul to scour over my pics to find something that shows me without my helmet. Seems I'm either behind the camera or I have my helmet on :roll:

Who I am. Well this is a tough one. I love lots of things and like to try most anything that doesn't involve heights :lol: . I came to this forum in my early 50's looking for advice/support in my adventure into riding. I love tools, sewing (I make most of my own clothes), tools ~ oh, did I mention that already :oops: , cars and music. We are currently remodeling our kitchen, hence my absence.We doing all the work ourselves. I found out that I don't move as fast as I once did~ how did that happen?? I like all things positive~ as long as it doesn't involve heights.

What I ride. I ride a 2011 HD Superlow Sportster that has been modified to fit me and what I like. We bought the bike new in 2011 for my birthday. I've never had a new vehicle in my life so how cool was it to get a motorcycle ~ truly one of the best things I've done during my late mid-life crises (aka mid-life awaking as I call it).

Here I am picking up an old can that I found on Route 66 last year. It's now living in my garden as a reminder of the trip

WRNMeRoute66.jpg

B~ thanks again for starting this thread. It's just what I needed right now :)
tlc

Return to Connect With Others