Just Touching Base

A place to reach out to others

Just Touching Base

Postby Ametha Elf » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:09 pm

Hi everyone, Its been ages since I was last on board, so just wanted to touch base to say Im doing just fine but my work hours have been extended an extra 2 hours per day, which takes away so much of my free time these days. This extra workload coincides with peak hour traffic commuting from an outer suburb, adds extra travel time into my already overextended day! As a result, I have had to readjust my available time, which is the reason why I have been absent. Good news is that the extra money is coming in nice and handy, plus the fact that I am still riding every week- wouldn't let that slip by! Other big news is that the hubster and I have plans to do a trek in the Himalayan foothills in 2018, so have begun fitness training along the lines of walking up many flights of stairs per day to work, and generally building up my stamina over a period of time. I turn 60 next year, and realised that I havent travelled more than a days distance from home in over 40 years. Even then I have only travelled interstate once and the last plane I travelled on (which was 1980) had propellers!. So this Nepal trip is going to be HUGE in many ways. I will try to get on board as much as I can but as I have about 2 minutes free for myself per day, it may be difficult. Hope everyone is well and doing lots of riding.
Sue
1995 Yamaha Virago 1100cc
Ametha Elf

Re: Just Touching Base

Postby monica » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:15 pm

Coolness! Sounds like you're really doing a good job to prepare. What an amazing trip that should be!
monica

Postby BlueHD4me » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:05 am

Yowza! An extra 2 hours per day will really take it out of you :cry: But the upcoming trip sounds like the experience of a lifetime :o and you're still riding :D Take good care!!
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby dbsteffy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:30 pm

Hey Sue, knew you'd pop in when you had time. The only good thing about those work hours is the paycheck and you seem to have well laid plans to spend it. Very exciting. I spent 10 years working 8, 9 & 10+ hour days, 6 days a week. Since I'm now on a 40 hour week, I have no money but much more time to ride. Sucks and doesn't suck.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Return to Connect With Others