Who's riding this weekend?

A place to reach out to others

Re: Who's riding this weekend?

Postby deeg » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:02 pm

I rode to and from work over the weekend, does that count??? :-)
deeg

Postby BlueHD4me » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:03 am

No riding on Saturday as we are redoing the front landscaping and drove all over looking/pricing stuff. On the positive note I did go to a BBQ on Saturday and met a new friend ... and she rides!!! :o How happy am I? :D

On Sunday my husband and I took off for San Diego in search of a donut shop we had seen on the Food Network ... my husband had to try a donut called the Big Poppa Tart (a poptart wrapped in donut dough, fried, frosting, etc). We had planned a route that would keep us (read ME!) off the freeways and be about 65 miles round trip. Neither of us realized that the San Diego Rock-N-Roll marathon was going on. Freeway closures, street closures .. and TONS of traffic! We ended up with lots of u-turns when we reached closed roads, got forced onto the freeway (4-5 lanes each direction with LOTS of annoyed drivers) several times. I managed to stay calm and not freak out over any of it ... never did reach the donut shop! :lol: My biggest source of pride was a well executed u-turn over railroad tracks in front of a bunch of motorcycle cops! 8-)

After we made it home I ended up going out riding again in the late afternoon and got in just under 100 miles for the day.
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby Goldenbadger » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:43 pm

No riding for me last weekend, either. I went camping with my dogs and some friends. But I rode to work yesterday and today. Tomorrow they're calling for rain. :( The weekend looks to be blazing hot, so maybe I'll put a few miles on before the heat hits. I've had the bike almost two months and have put about 1100 miles or so on it. Not too bad considering all the rain we have been having that has put a damper on my riding.
Leanne
HD Softail Slim
Goldenbadger

Postby tlc » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:06 pm

To start off my weekend we are riding out for Pizza tonight to a place called Zig Zag Inn located in Zig Zag Oregon! Yes, that is really a place!! The location is on Highway 26 headed toward Mount Hood and this place has been there forever. They have the best Pizza around and the hubby invited me out. I think my new boots and shorts may have inspired him :o :lol:
I'm not sure if we will venture out for the rest of the weekend. We're trying to get the motor back together and put in the race car for a race we would like to enter next weekend. I like to keep him focused on that so we don't forget a much needed bolt or something :shock: .

Anyone else riding over the weekend?
tlc

Postby lizmcg » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:05 pm

tlc wrote:We're trying to get the motor back together and put in the race car for a race we would like to enter next weekend?

Do you drive in the races? :o :shock: :mrgreen:

I'll do at least one weekend day, hopefully two. I have to keep the mileage up so I can get the next scheduled service before the end of the riding season. I want the pigtails put on my battery, and I don't want to have to pay just for that (just getting to the battery on these older Spyders is a pain, and I'm not going to try it). Also, I don't want to lose any riding time next year getting it done. :roll:
2012 Can Am Spyder RTS SE5 (Bellatrix)
lizmcg

Postby dbsteffy » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:40 pm

Will do a midseason wash and wax on the bike, spiff up the chrome, treat the leather bits, that'll be Saturday. In the evening we'll go with friends to see Seven Bridges, an Eagles tribute band, they are very, very good.
Sunday we will meet up with a new friend and stop in at our favorite Coffee Corners in Burton, OH and then on to other places. No special destination, just riding.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby tlc » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:47 am

No Liz, I don't drive the car. They guys have been trying to get me in it for years and I have driven it a long time ago. I'm not into wearing all the gear required and sweating my ass off. I'm happy wrenching.

Brenda your ride sounds fun.
tlc

Postby BlueHD4me » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:58 pm

Meeeeeeeeeee! :D

Friday night was a 50 miler with the hubbie ending at our favorite taco shop (oooh! we're so fancy! NOT! :lol: )

This morning I rode 85+ ... out to the coast, explored some new roads, stopped at a Harley dealership (5 SERIOUS cases of :evil: stinkeye! And one cool 8-) guy who wanted to know all about my bike's exhaust).

I plan on riding on Sunday too :D
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby deeg » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:09 pm

Two Saturdays ago we rode 150 miles to breakfast, then took the long route up over the North Cascades Highway. Stopped at a rest area, picked a bunch of wild blackberries. Continued over the pass, and camped out that night near Mazama, WA. USFS campsite had a neat interpretive walking trail that turned out to be a portion of a snow shoe/xc country ski and bicycle trails. Got up the next morning, rode to the end of the pavement on a USFS road, just to see where it went. (We want to go back on the dual sports and finish the last 15 miles).

Stopped in the little town of Tonasket for a nap by the river, walked across the street to the bakery and got fresh made apple turnovers and iced espressos.

Then rode home. Just over 620 miles for the two days. It was a nice, leisurely ride. Mostly back roads to avoid the traffic.

This weekend is my four day weekend again, not sure if I want to stay home and get chores done (which I really should) or go find some new roads to ride. I'm thinking that since its supposed to be 100F out, I'm gonna go ride.
deeg

Postby Myspirit » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:26 am

go for the ride! Household chores can be done when it rains! :D
First bike 1998 Honda Rebel
Second bike 2009 Honda Shadow Spirit 750cc
Myspirit

Previous

Return to Connect With Others