Who's riding this weekend?

A place to reach out to others

Who's riding this weekend?

Postby tlc » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:55 pm

With our temps that are supposed to be high 90's (about 32 Celsius?) to 100F I certainly won't be out in the heat of the day so a long ride will be out. Yesterday was in the 60's (15C-ish ?), today 80'sF. That's a big temp swing for this gal and humid which I hate :shock:

Anyone else?
tlc

Re: Who's riding this weekend?

Postby Ametha Elf » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:46 pm

Raining here, over an inch per hour. Going to keep up for most of the day. Guess who will be curled up under a blankie watching tv?
Sue
1995 Yamaha Virago 1100cc
Ametha Elf

Postby lizmcg » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:07 pm

They're calling for thunderstorms Saturday and Sunday, and the summer heat and humidity have finally kicked in, but I'll go out every day that I can find a long enough dry spell AND I don't have to get a bunch of work done (missed yesterday and today because of that; bummer :cry: ). I have to make up for 60 wasted years! :lol:
2012 Can Am Spyder RTS SE5 (Bellatrix)
lizmcg

Postby tlc » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:56 pm

Ametha Elf wrote:Raining here, over an inch per hour. Going to keep up for most of the day.

Wowziers, that's a heap of rain. Do you have a rowboat handy Sue? :lol:

lizmcg wrote:I have to make up for 60 wasted years!

I feel exactly what you are saying Liz. Don't let any grass grow under your feet er... tires :D
tlc

Postby Ametha Elf » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:17 pm

Tlc, it can get far far heavier than this. We can often get a couple of feet of rain per day. This is shaping up to be one of those days. Its now increased to about a two inches per hour. Im loving it! Still though, there will be some people out riding, Im sure of that. Those folk are either brave, extremely skilled or foolish. I am not one of those. Roads are starting to flood, but hey, its all good, its a weekend!!
Sue
1995 Yamaha Virago 1100cc
Ametha Elf

Postby dbsteffy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:26 am

Not riding today, going to a house picnic/party and am taking food that won't fit in saddlebags. And the distance isn't long enough to bother with suiting up. But Sunday will be a riding day, someplace.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby BoggyGirl » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:49 am

I took the opportunity to go for a short ride last night after work. It's been storming off and on here since about 4am but yesterday was hot and muggy. Supposed to rain tomorrow and Monday now as well so looks like my noble steed is staying under the roof. On a positive note, I got on the main highway and did a loop along the coast (I live on a bayou) and when I came back, my long-time riding neighbors seemed shocked that I had ventured onto the main drag and that they only go after traffic has died down lol. Talk about an ego boost! If you're riding this weekend, be safe!
**Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the Devil says "oh no, she's up".**

"Filter/Sexy Beast" - 2015 Harley Davidson XL883N Iron, Sand Camo Denim
BoggyGirl

Postby tlc » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:48 pm

No riding for me over the weekend. It was just way too hot for me. I have that new vented jacket but it's scratchy against my skin and I didn't want to have to wear a long sleeve shirt. That's not to say I won't when the riding urge hits though :)

I'm glad some of us got out there.
tlc

Postby lizmcg » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:32 pm

I never made it out, either. The really bad weather never materialized, but it was threatening all day, with occasional severe thunderstorm watches, and I'm chicken. I just got back from a make-up 50-miler on one of my twisty roads, though. Gorgeous weather, and I really need the practice on the turns. This road goes from a nice 2-lane with wide lanes down to a "2 lane" with NO centerline. :o :shock: Scary, but good for me. The rest of the week is supposed to be clear, so I'm hoping to do a 70-plus miler later this week.
2012 Can Am Spyder RTS SE5 (Bellatrix)
lizmcg

Postby dbsteffy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:43 pm

No riding on Sunday, I got majorly involved in swapping summer and winter clothes in the drawers and storage totes, then a serious storm blew through, fast and furious. After that, I was tired, we caught up on episodes of Banshee.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Next

Return to Connect With Others