Where do you carry?

A place to reach out to others

Re: Where do you carry?

Postby AzLadyBiker » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:35 pm

I have a Glock 42 and a Springfield Armory XD 9mm. I have a "fanny pack" holster for each from The Well Armed Woman. That way, it's on my waist but still concealed. I have holsters and sometimes will open carry, particularly when I am riding distance on my own. When I'm alone, which is my primary and most preferred way to ride, I open carry the 9mm with the 13+1 round magazine.Never had anyone cut me off, tail gate or otherwise bother me. But then, I have been pretty lucky in my ~11,000 miles and first 13 months riding. Maybe it's because I'm on a stand out bike that gets a lot of attention and because I'm a woman, but I haven't had any real issues with jerk drivers. A friend of mine who does not carry, had someone follow her home and start to get out to confront her after she ( the cager) cut her off. ( my friend did not stop) I told her if she had been carrying, that driver would not have tried to mess with her. Her husband carries but she is not comfortable with a firearm. To each his own. We all make our choices for a reason.
Karen in Scottsdale, Az
2016 Harley Heritage Softail Classic
Rider since 8/9/2015
AzLadyBiker

Postby DeputySprinkles » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:08 am

HI!

I carry either a Glock 43 or my Ruger LCP in my waistband (appendix style carry). The Well Armed Woman has great options (I have 3 in the waistband holster from there- I also have a Glock 19). I prefer to not have my weapon in a bag, I prefer to have it on me. God for bid you are in the position to use it, the time you would use to take it out of a bag could be a huge difference. Plus I'm trained to go to my right waist from my duty belt, so it's muscle memory for me.
DeputySprinkles

Postby monica » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:32 am

For 20 years I have had the 'same' black Galcon fannypack that I wear off to one side, a little to the front. People are used to seeing it. Most people have no clue. I tell them (the truth) about leaving my purse or billfold or credit card so many places. I always know where my camera gear is (I'm a photographer) but the purse was always a problem to keep track of especially while I was working. I just get 2 at a time and when one wears out I just start using the new one.
monica

Postby Zaandar » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:11 am

I have had a hard time with the IWB holsters. I'm not sure if because of my body shape or size or maybe they are just uncomfortable. I am 5'3" 125 lbs and even though my gun is small, it prints horribly. The handle is the biggest issue, it sticks out too much. I am still looking... I have lost some weight so I guess I could try it again but for the moment, it rides in my new jacket pocket but like DeputySprinkles said, it takes too long to get it out. Gloves, pocket zipper, holster use up valuable time. I will look again at the WAW site to see what I can find.
Sandra

2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S (650cc)
Zaandar

Postby DeputySprinkles » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:02 am

I have 3 itw tension holsters from TWAW. I'm 5'5", 135, & I have a hard time concealing, & these work great. And they come in cool colors. They are made for women, rather than the regular holsters that are mostly for men, who don't have hips & a waist.

For me motorcycle clothes are easy to conceal, I just make sure that all of my jackets or shirts are long enough, even if they are more fitted. I don't carry my 19, that's just for work. My 43 & LCP are fairly easy with my holsters. I def have clothes for when I'm carrying, when I'm dressed to go out I usually don't carry, because if I'm dressed to go out I'm probably going to have a drink or 2, & I never carry when I'm drinking.
DeputySprinkles

Previous

Return to Connect With Others