Where do you carry?

A place to reach out to others

Re: Where do you carry?

Postby Zaandar » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:36 pm

I like that Speed and Strength hip bag. It seems very versatile. I have a little magnetic tank bag but I am not convinced it will stay with that kind of weight. I am taking it out this weekend with an equivalent weight in it to see how it does.
Sandra

2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S (650cc)
Zaandar

Postby nursechic72 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:56 am

I just got a new leather jacket made by interstate leather. it has slit pockets on both sides by the zipper. I can fit my .380 lcp in there nicely and probably even a 9mm or revolver. Since a lot of strange men stop to ask me if I'm "really a woman on a motorcycle", I like to know it's right there with me :D
Rebekah

2014 Yamaha V star 250
nursechic72

Postby BoggyGirl » Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:14 am

I have an inside waist band holder from Omni Holsters that fits my Keltec PF9 perfectly. I usually have it on my hip and located so it doesn't leave too much of an impression. A friend of mine wears a leather vest all the time and his wife's pistol fits perfectly inside the inner pocket. He doesn't mind that it's pink lol. Hip bags are good but if you're buying online, it's hard to figure out if the pockets are large enough for the weapon you're carrying. At the very least, carry a knife, about 4" blade, and/or a taser. If I can't carry my CCW, i always have at least a knife.
**Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the Devil says "oh no, she's up".**

"Filter/Sexy Beast" - 2015 Harley Davidson XL883N Iron, Sand Camo Denim
BoggyGirl

Postby Zaandar » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:33 pm

Thanks BoggyGirl. I am still kind of going around and around on this. I am considering a IWB from Crossbreed at the moment. My second option right now is a tank bag but am not 100% sold on that.
Sandra

Zaandar

Postby BoggyGirl » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:39 pm

I've heard great things about crossbreed holsters. Alien gear makes great ones too. I have family that won't use anything else and they carry everywhere they can.
**Be the kind of woman who, when your feet hit the floor in the morning, the Devil says "oh no, she's up".**

BoggyGirl

Postby dbsteffy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:48 pm

I checked the Crossbreed website, nice looking holsters. I'm wondering about the tank bag, would you keep the gun inside when riding? When off the bike, would you carry the gun on your person or take the bag with you? I carry mine in my jacket, each one has a "gun pocket", if I take it off, the gun gets locked in the Hubby's hard bag.

Brenda
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby Zaandar » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:41 am

I would bring the bag with me, that way there is no need to transfer the gun from one place to another. I would hate for someone to see it and misinterpret what I am doing (or see that I put a gun in hubby's saddle bags). I will be ordering a holster for my bday at the end of the month. I am just wondering about the comfort or lack there of while riding with an IWB holster. I guess I will find out soon enough!
Sandra

Zaandar

Postby BoggyGirl » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:52 am

It takes a while to find a comfortable holster that you're willing to wear all the time. If you've got any gun shows nearby, they always have vendors that sell holsters and let you try them on to find what fits you best. Give that a shot too if you can. If you always wear a jacket, maybe try a shoulder harness. They also make one that hooks to the underside of your bra. Those, of course, are better for some body types more than others :lol: mine not being one of them

BoggyGirl

Postby wingryder92 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:42 pm

We have a friend who has some sort of body holster that wraps around his torso. Homemade? Bought? I don't know.

Just thought I'd throw this out there since this is about guns and carry! Within the last couple of days in a Walmart about 50 miles from us a guy was in there shop lifting and had a gun. Don't know why but apparently he was taking the gun out or moving it around....he shot himself. Training? Probably none. But he made the local news.
Have a safe ride!
Debra
YOU CAN'T PUT IT ON WHEN YOU'RE GOING DOWN
LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO
'03 GoldWing 1800
'92 GoldWing w/Daytona 2x2 Sidecar(for my Aussies!)
ATGATT W/ POLICE STYLE SAFETY VEST
wingryder92

Postby dbsteffy » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:58 pm

A gun toting shop lifter that shot himself? That's a candidate for a Darwin Award.

Brenda
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

PreviousNext

Return to Connect With Others