Where do you carry?

A place to reach out to others

Re: Where do you carry?

Postby wingryder92 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:53 pm

The SO may carry inside his waist but often outside if he has over-shirt or jacket on. Several of his holsters are Alien. He also has the pocket holster. I have a soft one. Our tank bags seem to have super magnets on them because they don't move easily. I would think any type of bag that you felt comfortable wearing would work and wouldn't have to be a specific carry purse. I have an MP Shield which seems sizable to me and I have a larger fanny pack that I sometimes carry it in and I also have purse that I sometimes use. There's a lot of choices out there but you just have to find the one that "fits" you and you're comfortable with. Good luck!
Have a safe ride!
Debra
YOU CAN'T PUT IT ON WHEN YOU'RE GOING DOWN
LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO
'03 GoldWing 1800
'92 GoldWing w/Daytona 2x2 Sidecar(for my Aussies!)
ATGATT W/ POLICE STYLE SAFETY VEST
wingryder92

Postby Zaandar » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:54 pm

You guys are great! I will check out the web site and I will just have to experiment some with different options. I will let you know what I decide on.
Sandra

2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S (650cc)
Zaandar

Postby tlc » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:37 pm

Zaandar wrote:I checked my jacket. The inside liner is a thin mesh. I don't think it would hold the weight without tearing

Not to keep harping on this but it's possible to swap out that mesh pocket liner for something more durable. If the mesh liner is stitched into a seam you can't get at or has decorative stitching or something of that nature then maybe not. Could you pull the existing pocket lining inside out through the pocket itself and alter it that way? You could then make the pocket deeper and out of most any sturdy fabric that you like.
tlc

Postby Zaandar » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:52 pm

Forgive my lack of alteration skills! :lol: This is the inside of the jacket. The pocket you see there is just large enough to hold my iPhone. I don't think the liner is strong enough to hold all that weight, even with a larger pocket. I live in Florida so I had to get the lightest jacket I could find.

Sandra

Zaandar

Postby tlc » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:07 pm

Nice pic Sandra :). Sorry, I miss understood. I thought you wanted to carry in a side pocket. I carry in the side pocket (the ones for your hands). Changing that breast pocket would be tricky (it could be done though). I agree, carrying there would cause extra weight pulling down on your shoulder (I have a jacket that's close to your's) not to mention the liner itself.

BTW, love the jacket color :)
tlc

Postby Zaandar » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:54 pm

I would carry in the side pocket but those are kind of small too. Thanks! I love the color of the jacket too! it's the main reason I got it! :D
Sandra

Zaandar

Postby ElaineM » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:17 pm

My small revolver will fit in the inside pocket of my jacket, I also have a fanny pack that it will fit in, and I've been looking at getting a flash bang bra holster. Here's an interesting review on them on You Tube https://youtu.be/NXluce4xdgg

ElaineM
Elaine Magliacane
Charleston SC USA
ElaineM

Postby Zaandar » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:37 pm

The fanny pack would seem like the logical option since I can't use my jacket. I just don't know if I can bring myself to wear one. Luckily, Myspirit pointed me to the https://thewellarmedwoman.com/womens-gun-zone/ forums. I found this http://www.pistolwear.com/pt-2-concealment-holster/ which looks like what I might try first. I also have a small magnetic tank bag. I just haven't ridden enough with it (I haven't ridden enough, period!!!) to know if I can trust the magnets.
Sandra

Zaandar

Postby Ana_Bianca1200 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:13 am

armedinheels.com is another good site. They don't have as much as well armed woman, but sometimes I will find cool stuff on there. I have the Speed and Strength leather hip bag which has a pocket that fits a small revolver. Not that we can carry here in CA unfortunately so I use it for my sunglasses :|
Bianca

2003 Harley Sportster 1200 Custom
2006 Yamaha YFZ450
Ana_Bianca1200

Postby wingryder92 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:03 pm

The magnets on our tank bags definitely do not slide around or move without us moving them. I used one when I had my Trouphy and he uses one on his 3 bikes that have metal tanks and they have to be "pulled/lifted" off. Different bags may use different magnets in them or it may depend on the size of the bag they're holding on the tank. Don't think I saw this on here but SO suggested maybe a vest with a carry pocket. He's looked at them and said they come in denim, leather, cordura, etc. so maybe that'd work and you could wear it under your jacket.
Have a safe ride!
Debra
YOU CAN'T PUT IT ON WHEN YOU'RE GOING DOWN
LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO
'03 GoldWing 1800
'92 GoldWing w/Daytona 2x2 Sidecar(for my Aussies!)
ATGATT W/ POLICE STYLE SAFETY VEST
wingryder92

PreviousNext

Return to Connect With Others