Do you have an "image"?

A place to reach out to others

Re: Do you have an "image"?

Postby AzLadyBiker » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:48 pm

Good topic! I am enjoying learning about all the awesome ladies here! Let's see, I totally shocked my friends when I took on motorcycling at the age of 52. I am quite conservative and reserved. I am a manager of a call center and my employees were totally surprised and now they all think I am "badass" and cool. Especially when I show up for work on the Harley with my leathers on. I don't ride to work but a few days a year as I have to then change into business clothes and deal with helmet hair. Not sure about my image but I am a total ATGATT so I dress for safety and comfort first. I feel more like an old lady ( a mere 53) plain jane compared to a lot of "biker chicks" I see around here in the skinny jeans, heels,bling, tank tops and full fashion.( We have a HUGE biker community here where you can ride year round.) I just can't ride like that and feel safe and I don't have quite the body for it like I used to anyway. So whenever I show up to a biker event, there I am in all my gear ( Bohn Armor under my jeans, so I look bulky) no makeup and a bad case of helmet hair. I have friends suggest that I use this new hobby to find me a man. I'm like, well, no one is going to come on to me looking like this. They are looking for the hot fashion biker babes. LOL. I have had guys ask me via Facebook to meet based upon my pics and profile, but I hesitate because if I meet them for a ride, they are not going to get that more "polished" lady they see online. Oh, that is me alright, but I'm afraid I'll scare them off if they meet me in my riding gear and all dressed DOWN. LOL. Besides, I"m too busy loving life and riding to be boyfriend shopping.
Karen in Scottsdale, Az
2016 Harley Heritage Softail Classic
Rider since 8/9/2015
AzLadyBiker

Postby Kitkat74 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:55 am

Love this thread and so very, very glad I found this forum. When I first got my bike, I struggled with the "image" I had in my own head about what a biker chick looks like. I told my husband on several occasions that I didn't look like a biker at all. Where I live, there are 2 types of women who ride bikes...they are either girly-girls or very masculine; there is no in between, at least that I've seen. I fit neither of those and it bothered me. I really wondered if I should even be riding a bike at all as I didn't fit the part. When I saw pics of me on my bike the day we picked it up, I was humiliated. I looked like a Cabbage Patch Kid with my full face helmet and Rick Springfield tshirt. Even when I'm in my black leather and boots I don't look like a biker at all, at least to me.
That's ok though, I am a woman, I ride my own and that is the only image I want to portray now.
I haven't been riding long enough to get more than a few smiles from other women in vehicles or on the back of their guys bikes, but at work is a different story. I'm a geriatric nurse and my little old ladies LOVE hearing about me learning to ride. They think it's the greatest thing ever and always ask me if I've been riding and comment about the weather being perfect for a ride. There is just something about being a lady biker that brings out respect and admiration from other women and that is one of the things I love about it. We're a minority and I love being different.
2004 Sportster 1200R
Kitkat74

Postby Nekoagogo13 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:27 pm

I dont know if i have an "Image" I'm 39 but look much younger, I have full sleeve tattoos but i always wear a jacket so no one sees them. Altho, I'm a huge fan of Japanese culture and one of the things that got me interested in riding is Bosozoku culture. I LOVE the crazy bikes and my goal is to one day make a custom Bosozoku bike. Right now I'm stuck with my Yamaha R3 that i'm customizing with my own designs to give it a more japanese feel. So.. if I had an Image, I'd want to be a Bosozoku girl!!! :geek:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nekoagogo13

Postby BlueHD4me » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:47 am

I've never heard of Bosozoku Bikes before, had to Google 'em :o OMG! Kind of like a chopper, street glide and a sport bike had a threesome and had a baby! :lol: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cool!
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby Nekoagogo13 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:25 am

BlueHD4me wrote:I've never heard of Bosozoku Bikes before, had to Google 'em :o OMG! Kind of like a chopper, street glide and a sport bike had a threesome and had a baby! :lol: Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay cool!

Check out the cars too!
Nekoagogo13

Postby BlueHD4me » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:15 am

The cars are cool, but the bikes are awesome!
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby dbsteffy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:01 pm

Wow, check out the banana seat on the Bosozoku bike.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby DeputySprinkles » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:02 am

I think my "image" is dependent on what I'm doing. I'm 40, but look a lot younger, I lift weights (I did competitions back in my early 20s) so I'm fairly built, have long hair, big boobs, and 3 tattoos (which you can't see unless I show you). I am a police officer, so there are times I'm in uniform with my hair pulled back into a bun, & have no problem rolling around if need be. Then there is my "image" when I'm on my motorcycle. I have a Victory Octane, so it's pretty bad ass looking, but my helmet is pink, and my gloves are pink, & my hair is in braids. Then there's the "me" when I go out- hair & makeup done, cute dresses, heels, ect. There's also the "mommy me" when I go to school functions looking feminine but toned down & appropriate. I'm not exactly the quiet wallflower, have no problem being the center of attention, & really don't care what anyone thinks of me.
DeputySprinkles

Previous

Return to Connect With Others