Motorbikemom From BC, Canada

Who are you? Where are you from? What do you ride? Share a little bit about yourself here.

Motorbikemom From BC, Canada

Postby kamelot » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:51 pm

Good day to everyone out there. I am a new rider from British Columbia, Canada. I live about 4 hours north of Spokane, Washington, in an area called the Okanagan Valley. Here we have a ton of rides with twisties. I guess that is what all motorcyclists love, but as a new rider I am just learning how to figure them out.

I ride a Yamaha VStar 250, but just put a deposit down on a Kawasaki Vulcan S 650. I will receive it this week.

I am 59 years young and decided to take on the challenge of learning to ride after having no experience with bikes.

I have started a blog to relate my experience. My blog address is: http://www.motorbikemom.com

Nice to meet you all.

I would change my username to motorbikemom if I could figure out how.
kamelot

Re: Motorbikemom From BC, Canada

Postby BlueHD4me » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:01 pm

Welcome! :D I've bookmarked your blog and look forward to reading it. I'm sure we'll have a lot in common as I'm a new rider (just over a year) in my 50's too! Post pics of your new bike when you get it!
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby dbsteffy » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:53 pm

You are a youngster, motorbikemom and I'm looking forward to reading your blog. You've chosen 2 good bikes and we luv pictures.
Glad you found us.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby motorbikemom » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:52 pm

Thanks for the wonderful welcome and words of encouragement. Welcome Leslie. It's always heart-warming to find another newbie out there. And thanks, Brenda, for the compliment, haha. I don't feel like a youngster when it comes to crappy arthritis in the hands. ugh. But I will keep going.
motorbikemom

Postby monica » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:18 am

Hi Motorbike Mom! There's a lot of good information and a lot of encouragement here. I took the riding class for my 66th birthday with no riding experience. Except one day about half an hour with my brother when I was in jr. college...
monica

Postby ladyverity » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:12 am

Very nice.....sounds like you are off and running (riding)..

:0)
ladyverity

Postby BlueHD4me » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:01 am

Love your blog! :D
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby Nikki79 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:00 pm

Hi checked out your blog. Well done you! I too know what it is like to suffer anxiety and still dream of being a bike or rider. Just found it interesting that I could relate. Well done for being so brave!
Nikki79

Return to Introduce Yourself