Howdy, ya'll from SE Texas!

Who are you? Where are you from? What do you ride? Share a little bit about yourself here.

Howdy, ya'll from SE Texas!

Postby texasagain2 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:26 pm

Hi everyone, my name is Carol. I'm from Spring, Texas, just north of Houston. I've been riding for a little over 8 years now, started riding late in my life (will be 65 in Nov). I have two bikes in my garage! My first bike was a 2006 Honda VTX 1300C, which I still have and ride, just can't sell it. Two years ago I bought a 2014 Victory Cross Country Tour and I totally love the bike. A lot to handle being 5'4", but I can handle it pretty well now(the reverse unit I put on it helps a GREAT deal). In 8 years, I have traveled about 90K miles and have covered many states. This last May/June, was my longest trip, 7300 miles that covered all the states out West and all the NW. We traveled thru rain, ice and snow...what a trip! Next summer, we plan to head north to Sturgis and then head East. After that, I will only have the far NE part of the country and Alaska to ride to finish my US States Map.

Glad to be a part of WRN! Ride safe!
Carol
texasagain2

Re: Howdy, ya'll from SE Texas!

Postby BlueHD4me » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:05 am

Wow Carol!! Just WOW!! :o As a newbie (1 year/10K miles) I'm in awe! Post some pics, ok? And by the way, welcome! :D
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby dbsteffy » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:15 am

Hi Carol, welcome. You've got a lot of miles under those wheels in 8 years, I have the same time but not even half of the miles. I'm trying to image a reverse gear on a bike, was it easy to get used to.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby monica » Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:57 pm

Hi Carol! That's a lot of bike miles!
monica

Postby texasagain2 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:58 pm

dbsteffy wrote:Hi Carol, welcome. You've got a lot of miles under those wheels in 8 years, I have the same time but not even half of the miles. I'm trying to image a reverse gear on a bike, was it easy to get used to.

I love the reverse! Didn't take me long to get use to using it. Main thing I needed to learn was to keep it steady and walk with the bike. The reserve is a kit that Victory came out with and I added when I bought the bike. I knew I would not be able to back a 900lb bike up and I hate asking for help to park. It is controlled by the start button and only goes so fast, one speed.
texasagain2

Postby texasagain2 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:00 pm

Thanks all for the welcome! I am learning how to do things on this forum. Not sure if you can upload a gallery of pics yet. Still exploring!
texasagain2

Postby texasagain2 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:22 pm

BlueHD4me wrote:Wow Carol!! Just WOW!! :o As a newbie (1 year/10K miles) I'm in awe! Post some pics, ok? And by the way, welcome! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
texasagain2

Postby BlueHD4me » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:10 am

:D Thanks for the photos ... so pretty ... I've never heard of the Million Dollar Hwy but it looks VERY scary! :shock: I just Googled it and all I can say is WOW!!
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby dbsteffy » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:24 pm

The pictures posted just fine, thanks.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Return to Introduce Yourself