Hello from NW Arizona!

Who are you? Where are you from? What do you ride? Share a little bit about yourself here.

Re: Hello from NW Arizona!

Postby uafnanook2001 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:55 pm

maryy wrote:I just read through all of these posts - uafnanook2001, you are my hero! I had a couple a few mishaps in the 2-1/2 weeks I've had my bike - also a new rider and 58 years old - but am progressing and getting more comfortable with each ride. I know I don't have to say "keep going" because you already have the determination. But just in case you doubt at any time, think of all the encouraging words everyone here has told you. They're the truth! Best wishes to you.

Wondering how Mary Iannuzzi is doing - still riding and getting better? Check in here and let me know!
Never give up on something you want. Go for it!
uafnanook2001

Postby dbsteffy » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:44 am

Hi uafnanook, How are you keeping cool in this summer weather?
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby uafnanook2001 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:13 pm

Brenda (dbsteffy): Hi! Staying indoors a lot this summer. When I have to work outside, I do it early morning or about sunset, when it's cooler! Supposed to be near 110F degrees here today and tomorrow! Thanks for asking!
uafnanook2001

Postby dbsteffy » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:46 pm

Oooh Baby uaf, that's hot. Pavement frying egg hot! That's too hot to ride for me.The weather tonight had the whole middle of the country in red, triple digits for the coming week. Glad you're not melting.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby uafnanook2001 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:09 pm

OK, I thought I better jump in here and update you all. It has been just too hot to
ride so haven't done much this summer. Now that fall is about here, I figure I'll be
getting out more. Well, that was until last week. Loaned out my bike and after about
35 miles they knew something was wrong and pulled over. Lights were flashing bright
and then dim and it ran funny. After stopping & looking at it, never could get it
restarted! It doesn't click or anything - nada! So got AAA to haul it back home. Charged
up the battery - quickly - still nothing. Getting ready to check fuses next. Sure don't want
it to be the alternator or something else I can't fix or that isn't covered by my HD
warranty! Yikes! Will I EVER get to call myself a real "motorcycle rider" or not??! Stay
tuned.........
uafnanook2001

Postby dbsteffy » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:19 pm

Bummer una, hope it's not expensive. Been hot here, too. Some weekends I just said 'NO', it was sweltering in jacket and helmet. Stayed home in the A/C with a good book.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby monica » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:47 pm

Ack. Hope it gets figured out without being too expensive.
monica

Postby Mulerider01 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:41 am

The main thing with riding is take it slow to build confidence. Even though I have been riding many years, there is always that element of fear and respect for the bike. I never get too comfortable. But keep rolling on. You will get it!!
Mulerider01

Postby April1323 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:46 am

That's good advice. Sometimes I want to run before I can walk with my bike but my friend (who has been riding for 40+ years) keeps saying "there's no rush!!" Which is true - I don't have to be anywhere, I only ride for pleasure.

Talking of which, I went out for my longest ride yet the other day. Got up to 50mph (fastest yet for me!) and went somewhere quiet to practice my cornering. Came away (after about 100 corners!) with a big smile and was on a complete high. I cannot believe I didn't get into this years ago. Not only am I conquering my fears about motorbikes, I think its the whole ""learning something new" that makes me really satisfied. I just love it. :D
April1323

Postby monica » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:28 pm

Good for you, April! When my daughter had just gotten her driver's license - she took the test in an automatic auto, but we bought her a stick-shift trucklet - I decided the most important thing I needed to do with limited time was turning and downshifting. We went around the square in town about 100 times. She hated, it, but was appreciative of the skill. Keep on learning!
monica

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself