Hello from NW Arizona!

Who are you? Where are you from? What do you ride? Share a little bit about yourself here.

Re: Hello from NW Arizona!

Postby dbsteffy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:57 pm

Bummer about the booboo. Is your bike a candidate for crash bars? They protect the levers and other parts from damage. We'll wait for the report from the next weekend ride.

Brenda
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby monica » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:47 pm

You have a more challenging beginning than many, but overcoming that will make you a better rider than many.
monica

Postby BlueHD4me » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:54 pm

Oh no! :cry: That's a bummer. I'm sure the dealer will have the bike ready to ride in no time. We'll be here waiting for updates. :D
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby uafnanook2001 » Mon May 02, 2016 10:08 am

OK, so I told you all I would do a follow up and here it is. I FINALLY got my bike back, from the Harley service dept, 14 days after I took it in. My friend drove it from the dealership to a point where there is less traffic. I got on and rode it the rest of the way home - approx 35-40 miles. It was a 2 lane road where the speed limit is 55 mph. My friend, an experienced rider, followed me in the Jeep and said I did great. I was looking forward to more practice this past weekend but it was cooler and rainy so we didn't go out. I will just continue to ride and practice and someday I will be a more accomplished rider. Can't wait! :-) Thanks for all the support from you guys! I really do appreciate it!
Never give up on something you want. Go for it!
uafnanook2001

Postby Ametha Elf » Mon May 02, 2016 2:31 pm

Good work! Sometimes the weather, or just life in general, goes against riding time, just always go with the flow and know you will get there!
Sue
1995 Yamaha Virago 1100cc
Ametha Elf

Postby dbsteffy » Mon May 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Ok, the bike is back home and you can start where you left off, minus the dirt nap. You'll get the feel for it, again, in no time and don't put a timetable on yourself, set reasonable, small goals, maybe keep a journal, I still do. A month from now, you will see improvement as the miles and hours add up.
What did you have done to the bike?

Brenda
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby tlc » Tue May 03, 2016 10:06 am

uafnanook2001 wrote:OK, so I told you all I would do a follow up and here it is. I FINALLY got my bike back, from the Harley service dept, 14 days after I took it in.

I'm glad you got your bike back. If you continue to struggle, is there somewhere you can take another riders course? Do the Harley dealers offer them in Arizona?
tlc

Postby uafnanook2001 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:21 am

dbsteffy wrote:Ok, the bike is back home and you can start where you left off, minus the dirt nap. You'll get the feel for it, again, in no time and don't put a timetable on yourself, set reasonable, small goals, maybe keep a journal, I still do. A month from now, you will see improvement as the miles and hours add up.
What did you have done to the bike?

Brenda

I had to have the front brake lever replaced and a pin put back in the tail light as it had broken. :)
Never give up on something you want. Go for it!
uafnanook2001

Postby monica » Wed May 04, 2016 1:04 pm

You'll be successful. My daughter taught me to say 'yet' when I said I couldn't do or hadn't done something. You'll get this! Determination! Very tricky place to have to learn, but having to learn that you will be able to handle a lot.
monica

Postby maryy » Wed May 04, 2016 5:19 pm

I just read through all of these posts - uafnanook2001, you are my hero! I had a couple a few mishaps in the 2-1/2 weeks I've had my bike - also a new rider and 58 years old - but am progressing and getting more comfortable with each ride. I know I don't have to say "keep going" because you already have the determination. But just in case you doubt at any time, think of all the encouraging words everyone here has told you. They're the truth! Best wishes to you.
Mary Iannuzzi
Wakefield, MA
maryy

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself