Newbie with a question

Who are you? Where are you from? What do you ride? Share a little bit about yourself here.

Newbie with a question

Postby LadyJ » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:47 pm

Hi,
Just joined the forum but I've been a regular to the site for quite awhile. I'm signed up to take the BRC in April. I can't wait!! I'm excited and scared. I've got my eve on a Suzuki Boulevard S40. If live to pick it up today but my husband thinks it's a better idea to have passed the class first. :x

My question for all you is this...did you get your fist bike before or after passing the class of you took I'd like to have it before the class ands as I stated earlier my husband says wait.

Thanks for your opinion,
JoDee
LadyJ

Re: Newbie with a question

Postby Blaqueccat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi Lady J! I debated the same thing when I purchased mine two weeks ago but it was the bike I wanted so I figured what the hey. The used ones appear to sell very quickly.

Kat
2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40
Blaqueccat

Postby LadyJ » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:01 pm

That's what I'm thinking! I've found the one I want and its a good price and in great shape. Hubby keeps saying wait until I pass the class. I think that if I don't pass and need to practice, then I've got the bike!
LadyJ

Postby Blaqueccat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:02 pm

Almost forgot to ask, which one are you going for?

Also having purchased the bike was a good motivator for me during a low point in the class.

Kat
Blaqueccat

Postby LadyJ » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:03 pm

It's a Suzuki Boulevard S40. Beautiful and red!
LadyJ

Postby Blaqueccat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:05 pm

There were 4 of us new riders who had pre-purchase bikes and I think we were possibly a little more geeked than the seasoned riders...lol

I researched and video watched enough to know I was getting a good deal that may not be around after passing the class and with spring fast approaching I knew prices would rise. Tax season was causing prices to rise as well.

Kat
Blaqueccat

Postby Blaqueccat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:06 pm

Dang, they don't offer the red ones here. I purchased the blue and silver one that's featured in my profile pic.
Blaqueccat

Postby LadyJ » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:10 pm

The one I'm looking at is used but in great shape. I've thought a couple times about just going and getting it, but I kinda like being married. Lol ;)
LadyJ

Postby Blaqueccat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:13 pm

LOL!!! Stay married..lol I went with used as well. Less than 5k miles which everyone assures me means barely used. She's a 2012. I'm still getting the hang of her but I grin everytime I walk into my garage and see her.
Blaqueccat

Postby Ametha Elf » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:45 am

I had my bike before starting the classes. Hubster and I were browsing one day and came across a bike which was exactly what I had been looking for. It was a 250 Virago and was an awesome bike, kept me very happy for a year before upgrading. I knew as soon as I saw it that this was the bike for me. Had planned to wait til after the class but it just didnt end up happening that way.
Sue
1995 Yamaha Virago 1100cc
Ametha Elf

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself