Hello from Atlanta, GA

Who are you? Where are you from? What do you ride? Share a little bit about yourself here.

Hello from Atlanta, GA

Postby Sunschild57 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:13 pm

I'm Jean. I ride a 2009 Victory Kingpin. I have been riding for almost 5 years. I talk to God a lot while I'm riding. In the beginning the conversation was "OH MY GOD! Why am I doing this" and "GOD, what was I thinking, I'm not cut out for this" but after 3000 miles under my belt the conversations became "Thank you God for this beautiful day" and "Thank you God for allowing me to ride another day". I now have a little more than 18,000 miles ride time and thats after taking a year off. I can't imagine not riding. I'm glad to be here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm Jean and I ride a 2009 Victory Kingpin named Sundance.
Sunschild57

Re: Hello from Atlanta, GA

Postby Ametha Elf » Tue May 27, 2014 2:39 pm

HI Jean, I know you from another forum! (waves excitedly!! :D ) Great to see you here. I havent seen a pic of your bike for a long time and I have to say it really is gorgeous. Hope you have been able to do a lot more riding this year.
Sue
1995 Yamaha Virago 1100cc
Ametha Elf

Postby Sunschild57 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:48 pm

...waving at Sue! :D I've been riding every chance I get. The weather has been pretty good these past two weeks . I work most weekends so i end up riding by myself on my days off. I can't imagine not riding. :D
Sunschild57

Postby 7of9 » Tue May 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Welcome! That is one GORGEOUS bike. ;)
2014 HD Softail Slim
7of9

Postby tlc » Tue May 27, 2014 3:51 pm

Sunschild57 wrote:I talk to God a lot while I'm riding. In the beginning the conversation was "OH MY GOD! Why am I doing this" and "GOD, what was I thinking

:lol: Ditto on that more than once ;)

Welcome Jean and I'm glad you found us too.
Thanks for posting a pic of your nice looking ride. :)
tlc

Postby wingryder92 » Sat May 31, 2014 5:50 pm

Welcome to the group!! Which part of Atl since we can go "forever" and still be part of Atl. I'm in the Dallas area. And I think most of us probably felt the same way you did in the beginning and were asking "just what were we doing?" I didn't even tell my Mom I was riding until I was pretty much at the year mark. Took her a few years to get used to it but she did finally accept it. Glad you're enjoying your ride.
Debra
HAVE A SAFE RIDE!
YOU CAN'T PUT IT ON WHEN YOU'RE GOING DOWN
LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO
'03 GoldWing 1800
'92 GoldWing w/Daytona 2x2 Sidecar(for my Aussies!)
ATGATT W/ POLICE STYLE SAFETY VEST
wingryder92

Postby Sunschild57 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:20 pm

wingryder92 wrote:Welcome to the group!! Which part of Atl since we can go "forever" and still be part of Atl. I'm in the Dallas area. And I think most of us probably felt the same way you did in the beginning and were asking "just what were we doing?" I didn't even tell my Mom I was riding until I was pretty much at the year mark. Took her a few years to get used to it but she did finally accept it. Glad you're enjoying your ride.
Debra
HAVE A SAFE RIDE!

Hi, I live in midtown Atlanta. I use to live in Decatur until last year. I'm glad I found this forum.
Sunschild57

Postby BtWoman » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:33 am

Hello Sunschild and welcome! I talk to God, too, much of the same conversations as you have had. Riding is truly a spiritual experience, especially on the country roads!
BtWoman

Postby wingryder92 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:33 pm

Hey Jean...I'm out on the west side...Dallas.
Debra
Ride Safe!
YOU CAN'T PUT IT ON WHEN YOU'RE GOING DOWN
LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO
'03 GoldWing 1800
'92 GoldWing w/Daytona 2x2 Sidecar(for my Aussies!)
ATGATT W/ POLICE STYLE SAFETY VEST
wingryder92

Postby CarolinaGirl » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:08 am

Hi Jean. I loved your introductory post & I can so relate! LoL I always pray that I survive my ride & while riding around looking at all of the beauty we have, I thank God for all that we have. It is funny how oh my God & please let me survive turns into a thankful moment. :D There is nothing like riding. I am hoping that I too will be able to look back a few years from now still enjoying the freedom and the wind in my face.

~Rene
2015 Vulcan S
2017 Versys X300
Holy Cow....I passed the test!
~Rene

Said goodbye to the little rebel @ 1580 miles
CarolinaGirl

Return to Introduce Yourself