Hi Everyone!

Who are you? Where are you from? What do you ride? Share a little bit about yourself here.

Hi Everyone!

Postby Lauren » Sun May 18, 2014 7:31 pm

Hi! My name is Lauren and I live in Fort Myers Beach, FL. I am currently riding a BMW G 650 GS (and have a scooter for running errands). I got back into motorcycling about 15 years ago ( after a 20 year break!) and have worked my way through five different bikes. I started with a cruiser, progressed to a sport-tourer, then to a Goldwing (yikes that thing was heavy!!), and now have a dual sport. I'm always interested in meeting other women riders and making new friends!! Looking forward to getting to know everyone here on the forum!
Lauren

Re: Hi Everyone!

Postby chrome_hummingbird » Sun May 18, 2014 9:15 pm

Hi Lauren, welcome to the boards. I'm in Alberta Canada right now soon to be moving to Nova Scotia. I had a Goldwing too... loved it.

I've worked my way through some interesting bikes too... I came back to a cruiser in the end. My most fav bike was my Z1900. What was yours?
NEVER argue with a woman holding a torque wrench.

My Ride: 2011 Yamaha V-Star Silverado 1100.
chrome_hummingbird

Postby wingryder92 » Sun May 18, 2014 9:52 pm

Welcome to the group Lauren! I'm just west of Atlanta. I started on a Wing and still ride a Wing...1800 2-wheeler and a 92 with a Daytona 2x2 sidecar that our 3 Australian Shepherds ride in. We do allow humans to ride in it too :mrgreen: Added a Triumph Trophy 1200 to the barn for a few years but it was more bike than I wanted to play with and and it was extremely top heavy to me so it went to live in North Carolina.
Debra
HAVE A SAFE RIDE!
YOU CAN'T PUT IT ON WHEN YOU'RE GOING DOWN
LOOK WHERE YOU WANT TO GO
'03 GoldWing 1800
'92 GoldWing w/Daytona 2x2 Sidecar(for my Aussies!)
ATGATT W/ POLICE STYLE SAFETY VEST
wingryder92

Postby Ametha Elf » Mon May 19, 2014 2:51 am

Hi Lauren! Im impressed with how you rode a GoldWing. I couldnt even imagine riding such a heavy bike, but have read great reviews about them. I will be looking forward to reading riding reviews from your neck o the woods, and welcome! :D
Sue
1995 Yamaha Virago 1100cc
Ametha Elf

Postby Lauren » Mon May 19, 2014 2:40 pm

chrome_hummingbird wrote:Hi Lauren, welcome to the boards. I'm in Alberta Canada right now soon to be moving to Nova Scotia. I had a Goldwing too... loved it.

I've worked my way through some interesting bikes too... I came back to a cruiser in the end. My most fav bike was my Z1900. What was yours?

My favorite was either the ST1100 or the VFR Interceptor. I sold the interceptor with less than 5000 miles on it and have longed to have it back ever since. It was a dumb move. I will definitely stay with the sport-tourer concept from here on. Leaning hard towards the BMW F 800GT right now as a new ride.
Lauren

Postby tlc » Mon May 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi Lauren and welcome!
Nice avatar pic. Love the beach behind you.

Sounds like you have a few miles under your 'belt' from your intro. I bet you have some good stories to tell.
How is the riding down there in Florida? Never been there but it's on my bucket list.

Looking forward to getting to know you as well :D
tlc

Postby KungFuManda » Mon May 19, 2014 7:34 pm

Hi Lauren, the beach behind you looks beautiful! I have friends that live in the Fort Myers area. Dual sports are a lot of fun, and what I first learned to ride on. They are a great bike for taking almost anywhere. If you are looking for some good adventure rides to read about, you should check out Tiffany Coates!
2012 Ducati Monster 796
2000 MR2S
KungFuManda

Postby BtWoman » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:22 pm

Hi Lauren! That's quite a stable of bikes you've gone through. Welcome to the forum!
BtWoman

Postby lalamacias » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:31 pm

Hello, we just moved from Cape Coral up to Port Charlotte but still ride with friends in Cape Coral. Let me know if you ever want to ride with us.
lalamacias
Honda CTX700 / Port Charlotte, FL
lalamacias

Postby Maine Rider » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:48 pm

Welcome to the forum Lauren. I'm jealous, Florida must mean year-round riding for you. I think my bike is away for the winter -- three snowstorms this fall so far here in Maine.
Donna
2014 Harley Softail Deluxe
Maine Rider

Return to Introduce Yourself