Female Ducati Riders

Female Ducati Riders

Postby DucatiGirl » Mon May 28, 2012 8:31 pm

Finding other female Ducati riders has been tough. Rarely do I see another woman riding, let alone on a Ducati like me. Do you ride a Ducati? If so, what do you ride and where do you ride it?
DucatiGirl

Re: Female Ducati Riders

Postby julieride » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:11 pm

Hello DucatiGirl! I am only riding a CBR250R, but my next bike is going to be a Ducati. My boyfriend rides a MultiStrada 1000S, and I need a bigger bike to be able to somewhat keep up on long trips. Mostly for the "acceleration power" so I can pass easier. I have in mind the Ducati Monster 697 because it is low-seating, sport, and beautiful. What Ducati do you ride? In your opinion, do you think going from a 250 to a 697 is too much of a jump? I am conservative in curves still, but like to open it up in stretches and I like to pass, so I definitely need a more powerful machine next year. I love Ducati and it seems to be their smallest bike, for the exception older models of Ducati Multi 600. The problem is I am not very tall (5.4). I sat on my boyfriend's Multi 1000 and I am not comfortably touching the ground. I am guessing the 600 would not be much lower seating. Also, I prefer the sport stance over upright. Happy to hear ideas and opinions.
Thank you
julieride

Re: Female Ducati Riders

Postby KungFuManda » Sun May 18, 2014 3:23 pm

I have a Monster 796. I am only 5'3", so ride height was an issue for me too. As the 796 is a little taller than the 696, I put a rear suspension mount from a 696 on my 796. This lowered the height a bit. I can touch the ground with my toes planted. They also make a factory lower seat that gives you another inch or so. Another thing to consider is the 796 has an ABS option, and also allows you more room to grow into as a rider. Either way, I think you'd be happy with the Monster! Its a great bike to ride and is beautiful!

It's great to hear from other female Ducati riders out there!
2012 Ducati Monster 796
2000 MR2S
KungFuManda

Return to Ducati