No more Victory

No more Victory

Postby DeputySprinkles » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:20 am

I'm sure everyone has heard the news about Polaris closing down Victory operations. I'm a little upset considering I only bought my Octane in October. I will be very upset to see the price drop significantly to sell out stock when I have a loan out for mine. But at the same time there won't be many people who have one. Anyone else have any thoughts?
DeputySprinkles

Re: No more Victory

Postby deeg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:44 pm

Its a sad thing. Victory makes some beautiful bikes. Had I been into the cruiser style, I would have purchased a Victory long before I even thought about buying a Harley. Why? Same reason I ride Guzzi's. They are a small company that not a whole lot of people know about (even though they have been making bikes as long as HD has).

Yes, your bike's value has taken a hit, but hey, who buys bikes for their market value? I couldn't give away a couple of my Guzzi's, but I'm not upset that I bought them. I can ride the same boring, straight stretch of road on one of the BMW's or Honda's and be bored to tears, but on the Breva? It just feels better. Being on a Guzzi makes me smile in a way that my other bikes can't.

We Guzzi owners are an eclectic bunch. I suspect Victory owners are much the same. It doesn't matter how much the bike is worth. You bought the bike because it appealed to your soul, not because all your friends ride one. Enjoy your bike. And when you feel the need to sell it, you're probably going to sell it to someone who appreciates the bike for what it is, not because it has a particular name stamped on it.
deeg

Postby monica » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:44 pm

I heard about that last night. I almost bought the Victory Octane; such a fun ride! but I intended longer rides so the Indian Scout didn't lean me forward as much. They said Polaris would see that parts were made for ten years... too bad.
monica

Re: No more Victory

Postby DeputySprinkles » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:25 am

It's federal law that they have to honor warranties and supply parts for 10 years, so it's not like they are doing us a favor. And most parts for the Scout are compatible with the Octane. I love my Octane. I have the reduced reach handlebars which makes it a lot more comfortable.

I definitely bought it with the intention of keeping it at least 10 years, it's only a little over 500lbs, but 1200cc. That's why I went with it over a Vulcan for my 1st bike, so I wouldn't have to upgrade. It just hurts that I am paying a loan for a bike I bought 3 months ago & now people can buy it for a lot less.
DeputySprinkles

Return to Victory