I AM SICK!

Discussion on style and brands of motorcycles

I AM SICK!

Postby DianneB » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:42 am

Sick, I tell you!

Last August I picked up a 1962 Honda 50 to restore - the 50 was my first wheels of any kind and set me free at age 15!

Then a nice 1983 Honda Shadow came up at a good price in September so I bought it too. That was bike #2 within the year! The Shadow wasn't quite "my thing" so I fixed it up over the winter and sold it this spring (for a profit).

I used to own a Harley 20 years ago and shouldn't have even been looking but I ran across a 2002 Harley FXD in October that I just couldn't resist! Bike #3 within a year!

You would think I would know better by this point but a 1967 Honda Dream came up for sale last week at a good price. It is very similar to the Honda CB77 Superhawk that I had at age 17 so you know what happened! Yes, bike #4 within the year! This one will be kept in original condition, get a mechanical overhaul, and be a rider.

Apparently I need a guardian to manage my finances :shock:
DianneB

Re: I AM SICK!

Postby dbsteffy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:14 am

Dianne, it seems that retirement may be the underlying cause of your MBS (Multiple Bike Syndrome). I know that one treatment is a hefty infusion from the elusive, rare and endangered "Moneyius Arbor".
Holistic cure would be to wear blinders.
That's all the advise I have, except to ENJOY those bikes, the benefit of retirement is that you'll have time to ride them all. Point one in each direction. UhOh, you only have 3, you'll need one more to hit all the compass points :twisted:

Brenda
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby Ametha Elf » Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:49 pm

Id say the worst complication of your illness would be to decide which one to ride per day!! :lol:
Sue
1995 Yamaha Virago 1100cc
Ametha Elf

Postby tlc » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:25 pm

Yep you are one sick pup I would say ;)
The first Honda that you posted a pic of reminded me of the bike my Mom had when I was a kid. She rode the heck out of that thing and never a lick of trouble with it. Honda's are good bikes~ period.

BTW, I moved your topic to Motorcycles.
tlc

Postby DianneB » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:40 pm

tlc wrote:BTW, I moved your topic to Motorcycles.

I noticed! LOL!
DianneB

Postby PDS » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:40 am

Wow...I'm lovin' all the bikes you're collecting. Now that's what I call enjoying retirement!! :D :D
Phyllis

Queen (Hers): 2014 CVO Softail Deluxe
King (His): 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
PDS

Return to Motorcycles