GoGo Gear Kevlar Leggings

GoGo Gear Kevlar Leggings

Postby BlueHD4me » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:05 am

I've bitten the bullet and ordered the coveted GoGo Gear Kevlar Leggings.
http://www.gogogearla.com/protective-le ... ar-fibers/
There is a 10" difference between my tush and my waist, and my tush lands between two sizes. :? Since these are pull-on they've got to go over the tush! I've emailed the company and got the ok to return the pair that doesn't fit (as long as all tags are on, etc).

If you've not checked the site in awhile they've added a great size chart (don't order your "normal" pants size) and a how-to-put-em-on video.

I'll report back when I get them.
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Re: GoGo Gear Kevlar Leggings

Postby dbsteffy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:26 pm

Good, I'll be waiting for your report. I'm interested in how the hem length works with boots. I have bike specific jeans that I get in "tall", they're 2" longer than my regular jeans so they fit over and 'drape' on the boot. I don't like a gap between the end of the pant leg and the boot, no ankle showing for me.
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby ADVStrom14 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:20 am

Awesome! Yeah I'm awaiting the review too. I really like these pants.
Jes
2014 Suzuki V-Strom DL-1000

"Dress for the slide, not the ride!"

~Phil 4:13~
ADVStrom14

Postby BlueHD4me » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:18 am

Brenda I've purchased bike specific jeans in long and STILL have to let the hem down, so I feel your pain. :(
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby BlueHD4me » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:23 am

These are without a doubt the coolest, most bad-ass Kevlar riding pants for women I've come across. 8-)

Let me preface the following by saying that I have a VERY difficult time getting jeans/pants to fit. I am so BUMMED that these don't fit my body type. To get them large enough to go over my butt, the waist was huge, with a big gap in the back. I was hoping that there would be enough stretch to fit better but that wasn't the case. The fabric is very heavy weight but not too much stretch. The knee protection landed in just the right place. My husband saw them (from the front) and loved 'em ... then he saw the back and I think he was almost as disappointed as I was! :lol:

Both pair went back. :(

I can only hope in the future that GoGo Gear makes something in a curvier fit.
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Postby dbsteffy » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:44 am

Thanks Leslie, good review. I'll keep them on my very short list. How was the hem, were they long enough? Do they go inside or outside the boot?
Brenda

Not stopping now.
dbsteffy

Postby BlueHD4me » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:42 pm

They were a bit short on me. I'm 5'8" but most of my height is in my legs (in bare feet the top of my hipbone is at 41"). I ride in Doc Martins so they would have looked just fine ... not long enough to come down to the heel, but at least my ankle bone. Although they are called leggings they are more like pull on pants, very heavy weight.
Leslie
2013 HD Superlow "BOMBA"
BlueHD4me

Return to Sizing and colors