The Occasional Need For Speed

For those who like to race or do track days

The Occasional Need For Speed

Postby She Rides » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:53 pm

I have a cruiser for day trips and touring but I just have to take my sportbike out for a little fun occasionally. Nothing crazy, just a ride along the back roads or through some twisties. Then one day a friend suggested I take my sportbike to a track day to see what it could really do. I figured, why not.

To say I had a blast would be an understatement! On the track, there are no cellphones, no teenagers texting, no one who "can't see you" from their huge SUV. Just you, your bike and lots of fun!

If you get a chance, go to a track day with your street bike. You don't need a sportbike! Several people at the track days I go to ride their cruisers in the same street group that I ride in.

Give it a try!
"All the gear all the time" are words to LIVE by!
Visit She-Rides.com for women's motorcycle gear
She Rides

Re: The Occasional Need For Speed

Postby Ametha Elf » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:57 pm

I did an Advanced Rider training day at a local raceway last year. It was just so much FUN, no cars to worry about, just plenty of twisties and the right to push the throttle a little further. My riding improved heaps after that day, and I would dearly love to repeat the experience again. I ride a cruiser, and was definately not disgraced by the sporty riders.
Sue
1995 Yamaha Virago 1100cc
Ametha Elf

Re: The Occasional Need For Speed

Postby CBR600Dawn » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:02 pm

I became a track junkie after I attended my first track school. It is so much safer and if you go to a good school, you learn SOOOO much. There's a WOMEN ONLY school coming up in California in June at my favorite school, C.L.A.S.S. Check it out.... http://www.classrides.com/women.html

If you want to know more, feel free to email me at DawnMC1342@msn.com
CBR600Dawn

Return to Racing for Women